Re: War Table Resolution Problems

by KillaMeow

Original Post

War Table Resolution Problems

★★ Novice

For some reason when I go to the war table, operations on the far left side are partially or totally off screen (for both Ferelden and Orlais). The only way I can see them properly is to use 1280x768 resolution (or 1280x720 but that's even worse), which makes my screen look warped and all the characters look like tall aliens. All other resolutions cut off the edge of the screen. Outside of the war table everything is where it should be at any resolution. It's getting pretty frustrating to have to change my resolution every time I go to the war table. 

Message 1 of 13 (1,918 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but even changing my resolution doesn't fix the issue.  There's an operation in Orlais that I can see is there when the table is loading or when you leave, but is completely off the edge of the screen.  At this rate, that's a mission that will never get done.

Message 2 of 13 (1,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the exact same problem. most operations in the west are completely unselectable until i scale down to a smaller resolution. even then they are mostly off-screen, and i need to resort to absolute pixel-hunting so i can still click on them.

Like i Said, Turning down the Resolution DOES somewhat fix the problem, or at least it's a work-around, but this is kind of rediculous for such a high-profile game.

Message 3 of 13 (1,782 Views)

Community Manager

What monitor/ are you using, and what is the resolution of it? I take it that the regular UI isn't cut off?

If you swap to Windowed, even temporarily, does that help?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,776 Views)

★ Novice

Wondering if any sort of solution had been found, changing the resolution doesn't help me at all. The menu screens for choosing the missions all fit like they are supposed to and the game itself runs fine without any noticed resolution issues but trying to select a mission on the war table I cannot see the left/right edges of the map as the others have described. I'm also in the 1280x1024 resolution.

Message 5 of 13 (1,707 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David wrote:

What monitor/ are you using, and what is the resolution of it? I take it that the regular UI isn't cut off?

If you swap to Windowed, even temporarily, does that help?

I've been having the exact same problem, but with mine, normal gameplay is fine (e.g., running around in the Hinterlands or Skyhold, doing battle, etc.) But when I use the War Table or enter into a cinematic dialogue with another character (e.g., the dialogue with Corypheus, playing Chess with Cullen, most of the important dialogue in the game) it looks like the game switches from my normal resolution-compatible pixel ratio, to what appears to be a widescreen ratio, possibly 16:9 or some such? The problem with that, is that my monitor is NOT widescreen compatible, and therefore any time a cinematic like that comes up, it looks super awkward because more of the screen is supposed to be displayed that what is actually shown on screen. This goes for the war table as well, the left and right edges of the screen are completely cut off, to where I cannot even see the mission "Gather Coin" when in Skyhold.

I am using a flatscreen Dell E193fPp (At least, that's what it shows on the back of the monitor as a model name). The native resolution of the monitor is 1280x1024. The regular UI doesn't seem to give me any issues, but I have noticed that it feels like it's supposed to be a widescreen ratio during armor/weapon crafting.

I have not switched to windowed mode, but I doubt that will help.

My graphics card is an EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti. No overclocks.

Message 6 of 13 (1,657 Views)

★ Apprentice

Bumping this thread.

Message 7 of 13 (1,624 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry, however, unless you have new data to include, a raw bump isn't acceptable here. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,617 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry, but I was under the impression that it would be more acceptable to bump an already existing thread rather than create an entirely new thread with essentially the same information as was posted in my previous reply.

Otherwise, I can't guarantee that I will receive any support about this issue.

Message 9 of 13 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This isn't a place for the impatient.  AHQ offers no guarantees.  Familiarize yourself with the rules in the ToS, linked from every page of the website.  The player community at Answer HQ has exactly the same access to make contact with EA as you have.  This site is for peer to peer self-help, it is not a conjoined twin to the EA Help Center at all. 

Official Tech support is on Help Center, not in here.  A newer duplicate message isn't a better version of unwanted impatience, either.  Contact link: https://help.ea.com/

Message 10 of 13 (1,553 Views)