Re: Want to change Stroud to Alistair

by sundance31us

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@Leora85 wrote:

<snip>
There is no way to have Alistair and the Warden alive and Alistair NOT be King but still be a Grey Warden without Morrigan having a son.

Fixed that for ya'... Wink

Message 11 of 17 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So I saw recently in a video on youtube where Alistair came to the inquisition as a warden, and hes talking to the inquisitor when you find him instead of stroud, and along the way as you are asking him various questions, you mention the fem hero of fereldan and he says she went off on some mission to help find a cure for the calling and that he hopes that next time they are together, it will be forever. Then later on, theres a quest where you can contact her via a war room mission.and then of course with some letter she sends you 18 hours later, she mentions a separate personal letter for Alistair. So for all this to happen, the warden has to live in DAO obviously, but what other choices would need to be made? I would really like to customize my world in dragon keep to include this
Message 12 of 17 (2,112 Views)

It's been a while since I played DAO, but as I recall...

1) Alistair must remain with the Wardens and not become king.

3) The Warden Commander must kill Loghain and allow Anora to remain queen.
2) If playing a female Warden, Alistair must also procreate with Morrigan just before the final battle.

SD Signature Banner

Message 13 of 17 (2,093 Views)

★ Novice
Both the warden and Alistair can be alive in DA:I if you have loghain kill the archdemon. I assume though it is not possible to have him as the warden friend to hawke due to him being a drunk if that world state happens. Though I did notice if you talk to him enough as a drunk in da:2 Tegan shows up and gets him to go home.
Message 14 of 17 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Loghain cannot die at all. If he does; Alistair will automatically take the throne as king. No matter what you have chosen. Unless he dies.

Message 15 of 17 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, this is how my favorite DAO play ended. Male Cousland married Anora, Loghain became warden became martyr killing archdemon (no ritual) Alistair stayed with wardens and showed up in DA2 in place of Stroud, and in Inquisition in place of Stroud. When Inquisitor asks Alistair about the warden he just say "he walks a dark path"....now the 'Keep' will not allow both Loghain and Alistair to be alive at the same time......I must have had a very special DAO run.

Message 16 of 17 (1,084 Views)

By your own post you say Loghain became martyr killing archdemon....which means he died killing the end of DAO.  So no both Alistair and Loghain can't be alive at the end of DAO without ritual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 17 (1,078 Views)