Want to change Stroud to Alistair

by Fenrispro8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Want to change Stroud to Alistair

★★ Apprentice

It took a long time to get here, I got locked out of bioware. Anyway on my current play after the Hushed whispers, I realise my changes did not get saved. I intend to change Stroud, so heard from others that Alistair cannot be king. What else need to be in Keep?

Message 1 of 17 (18,899 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Want to change Stroud to Alistair

Community Manager

@Fenrispro8 Do you mean that you want Alistair to accompany you into the fade/replace Stroud/Loghain? 

For this I think you need Alistair to survive the first game (no surprise there), he can't be king, and I think Loghain needs to die in the first game. 

These conditions should have Alistair as the Grey Warden you meet up with in Crestwood. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (22,820 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Fenrispro8 Do you mean that you want Alistair to accompany you into the fade/replace Stroud/Loghain? 

For this I think you need Alistair to survive the first game (no surprise there), he can't be king, and I think Loghain needs to die in the first game. 

These conditions should have Alistair as the Grey Warden you meet up with in Crestwood. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 17 (22,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_David Yes i want Ali to be the grey warden in crestwood. I've changed him not king.

for Loghain, the options Battle of Denerim: need to pick him to kill Archdemon?

Yea they tell me Morri cannot have a child, which is my preferred option.

• Why not possible Loghain dies and Morri can be a mum? 

Message 3 of 17 (18,806 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_David   : (   I just got to the part after skyhold, and it is still Stroud! This is utterly disappointing, even though i follow all the steps that Loghain died. Earlier i also asked why the choice of that clashes with morrigan having her son? She didn't have sex with him 

Message 4 of 17 (18,665 Views)

Hero

@Fenrispro8 You have to set it so Loghain dies at the Landsmeet, Alistair doesn't become King, and either the Warden dies or Morrigan has a baby so nobody dies at the end of DAO. If Morrigan does not have a child and you want Alistair to be the Warden in DAI, your DAO Warden must sacrifice themselves with the Archdemon. There is no way to have Alistair and the Warden alive without Morrigan having a son. 

You also can't change the world state once you've started your playthrough. There are some hints in Haven about what happened in the first two games, so you might be able to tell from there whether some of your changes happened (the quartermaster, for example, is a fan of Loghain, and Varric can tell you some things about Hawke and their companions).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 17 (18,656 Views)

★★ Apprentice

your DAO Warden must sacrifice themselves with the Archdemon -- Oh! Likely it's this. The tapestry is tricky, how to change it? 

@Leora85

Message 6 of 17 (18,641 Views)

Hero

@Fenrispro8 Here is a good guide explaining the basics of using the Keep. The part you want to change (making the Warden kill the Archdemon, sacrificing themselves) can be found in the DAO section > Battle of Denerim. Hope that helps Standard smile

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 7 of 17 (18,636 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Leora85  I can't find it. Read through a few of them is DAO under How to-World state manager  or Tutorial- tapestry? 

Message 8 of 17 (18,604 Views)

Hero

@Fenrispro8 The guide I linked is for how to use the tapestry, it doesn't provide instructions for how to make the specific change you're after. It does tell you how to set choices, etc. 

What you want to do to make Alistair a Warden and Morrigan childless (meaning your Warden died), in the Dragon Age Keep, is to open the world state you wish to edit, go to the tapestry, to the DAO section (which is the first section). First you need to go to the companions section, there you need to set 'what happened to Loghain?' to 'Loghain executed by Alistair' (letting him be executed by the warden or defeated in a duel *may* also work, I'm not sure), set 'what happened to Alistair?' to 'remained with the Wardens', set 'did Morrigan have a baby?' to 'Morrigan did not have a baby' (or a human baby to the Warden, possibly, haven't tried). Next, out of the companion section and to the Landsmeet section, where you need to choose 'Anora rules', then to the battle of Denerim section and select 'the warden killed the archdemon'. 

Make sure you save and export your world state if you want it to be used when you make a new game in Inquisition.

I *think* I remembered all the choices you need. It has been a few years since I've played around with it.

Have fun Standard smile

Message 9 of 17 (18,592 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok thank you! So you don't play DA anymore? haha 

Message 10 of 17 (18,561 Views)