Re: Vsync Not working ingame?

by Neokolzia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Vsync Not working ingame?

★★ Novice

It says enabled and I've also forced it on in AMD Catalyst Suite, that with triple buffering as well.

But to no avalial the game still skyrockets past 60, usually sitting around 50-100 which doesn't help any buffering, power usage etc.

Message 1 of 8 (7,664 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There are 2 things you can do to prevent this:

Simple method:

Use the software called Bandicam to limit your FPS to 60. Alternative softwares include RadeonPro and MSI Afterburner but they are a bit more complex. This method will only work with DX11 mode.

Advanced method:

This method will work with DX11 and Mantle. Create a user.cfg (rename a new text file) in the folder where the game exe is and in that add this line:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

Personally I have an AMD card and I can use the ingame Vsync setting found under the Display category to successfully activate the Vsync.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (7,769 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★ Novice

bump, Still having issues with this, Still not working

Message 2 of 8 (7,647 Views)

★★ Novice

Again have searched internet I don't really understand why I cannot get my game to lock in at 60 frames, its shooting above to 100 normally and its annoying, and bogs down my computer more then I'd like

Message 3 of 8 (7,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same i believe appears on nvidia site. Nvidia control panel have vsync enabled, in game menu the same and my gpu make some fine coil whine song when im in exact game.

Message 4 of 8 (7,627 Views)

★★ Novice

Ya the forced seems to have no effect on it from what I can see

Message 5 of 8 (7,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

There are 2 things you can do to prevent this:

Simple method:

Use the software called Bandicam to limit your FPS to 60. Alternative softwares include RadeonPro and MSI Afterburner but they are a bit more complex. This method will only work with DX11 mode.

Advanced method:

This method will work with DX11 and Mantle. Create a user.cfg (rename a new text file) in the folder where the game exe is and in that add this line:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60

Personally I have an AMD card and I can use the ingame Vsync setting found under the Display category to successfully activate the Vsync.

Message 6 of 8 (7,770 Views)

★★ Novice

I added this to both that User.cfg and my custom shortcut launcher and seems to be working using perfoverlay.drawfps 1 in console

Message 7 of 8 (7,579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I fixed it by putting it in Borderless mode and putting vsync on. That locked the FPSs to 60

Message 8 of 8 (5,131 Views)