Re: Voices/audio very low during major cutscenes

by StevieSteve88

Original Post

Voices/audio very low during major cutscenes

★ Novice

My audio works well when I am out in the game world, but whenever there is a majot cutscene, I can't hear anything. I can just barely hear whispers of people's voices. Any idea what the problem might be and how to fix it? I'd really love to enjoy the amazing cutscenes!!

Message 1 of 9 (997 Views)

★★ Novice

Make sure you have made the choices in the game settings for audio: Home Theater, Heaphones, or stereo and the choice is approprate for your system.

I'm using the ASUS Xonar DG in simulated 7.1 mode, and I can hear things better when I switch to headphones (I'm using normal studio headphones). 

Otherwise, in your soundcard, see if you have an option for CHANNELS and set to maximum (mine is set to 8 channels). 

Message 2 of 9 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had exactly the same issue as the above, I can barely hear the whisper whenever there is a dialogue wheel cutscene. 

However, in the game world, there is no such issues and sound is perfect

Message 3 of 9 (979 Views)

★ Novice

This is my exact problem. It's a little better when I set the audio to headphones and wear them, but still the voices are much lower than they should be!

Message 4 of 9 (965 Views)

★ Novice

I'm not even sure how to check my soundcard Frown

Message 5 of 9 (922 Views)

★ Apprentice

IF u zoom out the char, cant hear, need to be close to the scene, so u can hear better!

Sorry my english

Message 6 of 9 (912 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me either. I am on a Playstation 3 system that is being played on a standard definition television and I do not exactly know what to do in terms of the low sound. I know that it has something to do with the sound settings but I wish I knew step by step how to to configure it.

Message 7 of 9 (786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there is a bug with surround sound.

you need to deactivate it for cutscenes. this is only a workaround since the bug is only avoided and not fixed.

you might want to activate surround again after the Cutscene.

Message 8 of 9 (433 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, @BlackFirePhenex ! 

Thank you for your post.

This thread's getting old, so we're closing it to avoid any necroposting. If you have more questions or want to keep the chat going, please start a new thread! That way, things stay neat and tidy, and everyone can join in. 

Thanks for understanding, and welcome to AHQ.

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 9 of 9 (421 Views)