Vibration of the Xbox controller is not working

by line_genrou

Original Post

Vibration of the Xbox controller is not working

★★★★★ Novice

It is working with other games. I plugged in the gamepad, turned on the vibration setting in the menu but it does not vibrate

Anyone else have the same problem?

Message 1 of 15 (4,464 Views)

Re: Vibration of the Xbox controller is not working

★★★★★ Novice

bump

Message 2 of 15 (4,439 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue but it only happens in HInterlands. I am using it Xbox one controller.

Message 3 of 15 (4,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but it only happens in HInterlands.

Message 4 of 15 (4,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@line_genrou @Cloudero @Dedric_Tirion 

Hi guys, I'm curious, were there any elements of the game still installing? Can you check your download manager if the issue is persisting?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 15 (4,401 Views)

★ Novice

I am pretty sure everything was installed properly. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 6 of 15 (4,391 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Happened me too, on the Xbone
Message 7 of 15 (4,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have noticed the same issue.  Using 360 controller, wired, directly my PCs USB port.  EDIT:  I was not installing DA:I while playing when this has occurred.  I can't find any consistent correlations, but I do recall starting my first game, I had consistent vibration while attacking, after that, it has been on and off.  I'm thinking that maybe it is combat vibrations that stop, because I feel like I've had large creature steps cause vibration (pride demons, giants) but not vibrations from attacks on them, but I might need to test further.  Lately it seems like it is mostly off, I get surprised when all of a sudden I get rumbles again.  I have tried an uncheck/recheck of the option with no immediate effect.

This is a small immersion bug but I really hope this get fixed.  I really enjoy playing slower melee classes and landing big hits, getting the physical feedback.  

Also, apparently the right and left dpad are supposed to have functions (like opening the quest map) on console controllers, but my left and right arrow on the dpad don't do anything on PC.  

Message 8 of 15 (4,278 Views)

★ Novice

Controller vibration works after zone load, but eventually stops. For smaller zones it seems to work longer. In hinterlands I do not think it works at all, while at Exalted Plains it feels like it keeps working longest of big zones.

Message 9 of 15 (4,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No vibration at all, even when I just started the game. Keyboard+mouse controls are screwd so I felt very relieved having a gamepad. That was until I realized I cant even quicksave with it or use keyboard simultaneously or use keyboard ingame at all without going all the way to the main menu and back. Thx for not making me restart the game.

This and many other things in this game and Origin itself is soo frustrating I can almost guarantee I will never get back to the practice of buying EA games without real huge discount again. As for now - fix this puking vibration at least. Please.

Message 10 of 15 (4,182 Views)