Varric and Solas don't have any options in thier dialog.

by 4lex_E

Original Post

Varric and Solas don't have any options in thier dialog.

★ Novice

After starting the Dragon Age: Inquisition, i did talk with Cassandra in Heaven, but after that i cannot (still, more then 31 hour into the game) properly talk with Varric or Solas. Varric have some dialog options, for example "About Hawke", but if i want to pursue the topic game simply does not have any other options other than exit dialog. After initiating dialog with Solas, all i am getting is exit option as well.
If anyone know how to fix this, i would greatly appreciate any answer. Don't want to restart the game because of this.
Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (1,167 Views)

Re: Varric and Solas don't have any options in thier dialog.

★★★ Newbie
MY problem is actually taking place at Skyhold, after romancing Solas. I can only say "Tell me about _______" (spoiler) or goodbye. Really upset because I know I should be able to talk to him more. I can't even break up with him to romance Cullen instead!
Message 2 of 6 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
MY problem is actually taking place at Skyhold, after romancing Solas. I can only say "Tell me about _______" (spoiler) or goodbye. Really upset because I know I should be able to talk to him more. I can't even break up with him to romance Cullen instead!
Message 3 of 6 (1,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem with Varric in Haven.  When I choose the "About Hawke" dialogue my only option is to end the conversation.

A few times, I've also lost other dialogue options before this but it's hard to tell which.

I haven't noticed any issues with Solas, but then it's hard to know if I'm just missing choices from the outset of conversations with him (or anyone for that matter.)

Message 4 of 6 (1,085 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

progressing through main quests will open up more options. there are no options because you have already spoken about them or havent unlocked new ones yet

Message 5 of 6 (1,076 Views)

★ Novice

Solas started talking in Skyhold, so possibly, there were no options with him at all in Heaven. Varric wouldn't tell me about himself or Hawke even after I completed the game. During second playthrough, i noticed, that if i speak with Cassandra before Varric, this bug may occur, so i can only advise to speak with him, before Cassandra. Possibly,  speaking with Solas before Cassandra would help as well.

Message 6 of 6 (1,056 Views)