Re: Achievement troubles (The Brightest of Their Age, etc.)

by americoribeiro

Original Post

[UPDATED W/WORKAROUND!] Achievement troubles (The Brightest of Their Age, etc.)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This has been bothering the hell out of me, but first, let me get this out of the way: I have played the game in its entirety on the Xbox 360, unlocking every single achievement with little issue aside from Persuasive (had 15+ agents before it popped). I even obtained Dragon's Bane without having to reload any previous saves as a workaround trigger. So basically, aside from some graphical/textures slowly loading and a few broken quests here and there after Patch 2, I had relative little issue with the 360 version.

I bought an Xbox One very recently and traded in my 360 copy for the X1 version... This is where my troubles began.

I had absolutely no problems with the game--until Patch 2 went live. Quests started to bug out more frequently, unable to switch party members after using tactical camera, etc. Achievements haven't been tracking and triggering right, either. Commander absolutely refused to trigger despite High Commander's percentage going up as I completed war table missions, both timed and not. Same with Trailblazer; Pathfinder tracks, but Trailblazer waited to trigger until much later.

Eventually, I got all of them to pop once I did some maintenance on my console; figured it was just problems with Microsoft's server initially. Still am not far enough in the game to get Persuasive and Dragon's Bane, but I figured--hey, if these work now, maybe they will too. No worries!

Wrong.

I've gotten to Skyhold with THREE different characters, each recruiting every single companion. But The Brightest of Their Age never popped! My counter is permanently stuck at 33%. I've done every troubleshooting method possible--and still, nothing across all three characters. I received storyline achieves, but nothing else. I've decided to hold off continuing the game, despite enjoying it immensely, until these problems are fixed. I'm afraid of messing up my files anymore than they already are, considering how badly quests are bugging out for me as well. Please, please address these issues in the next patch! Frown

Is anyone else having similar issues with achievements not popping/tracking right?

Message 1 of 7 (5,201 Views)

★ Novice
I encountered a trophy issue today on PS4, but I'm unsure if it's PSN or the game. I got the Belle of the Ball and Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts last night. Both trophies popped, had the little chime noise and everything. Today I checked my trophy completion percentage and found both missing. I thought, okay, no problem, I'll reload and try again. Only this time they don't pop. It thinks I already did it. Not sure what's going on here.
Message 2 of 7 (5,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

But i have the pc version and the only i can't  unlock is The Brightest of Their Age

Message 3 of 7 (5,118 Views)

★★ Novice

Welp... FINALLY managed to unlock The Brightest of Their Age. And I think I may have figured out a workaround, at least for Xbox One players, who have problems with achievement tracking in DAI. Here's what I did when all other troubleshooting methods failed to solve my issue: Delete all of my data/characters.

You're probably gaping at me like, "there's no effing way I am doing that". Just hear me out; it's not as extreme as it sounds on the X1. Even without a Gold membership, your saves are constantly backed up on the cloud. Though it requires "temporarily" getting rid of your previous characters, it may reset the tracking for a new one--at least it did for me.

Here is what you do: Delete your DAI saves from the console (for an explanation how to do this in detail, here). Start a new character and DO NOT resync your cloud data with the console; your achievement tracking should reset. For me, I recruited every team member and the percentage updated until The Brightest of Their Age unlocked. I then reset the game and resynced my cloud data, which returned my previous characters' data. My achievement counts for my main Inquisitor returned to normal, too.

I encourage everyone who has an X1 to try this to see if it works. And for other systems, if you have tried this and it works or have different workarounds to help out other players, please post them!

Message 4 of 7 (5,027 Views)

★★ Novice

In the pc version i do this

C:\Users\Américo\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save

cut this files

ProfileOptions_profile

and

ProfileOptions

In my case desktop

Open the game and reload the here i still didn´t recrut Dorian and i go to recrut him and i get the Achievement.

Hope it can help.

Message 5 of 7 (4,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No idea how you got this to work for you.

Followed your instructions exactly and my progress on two achieves (Brightest of Their Age and Persuasive) are still stuck at 83% and 70% respectively.

Message 6 of 7 (4,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Americoribeiro you are a genius! After removing both profile options the achievement unlocked as soon as I recruited dorian. Thank you I was looking all over the internet for a way to unlock this last achievement.

Message 7 of 7 (4,841 Views)