Re: Trespasser insta-crash

by Belladoni

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I was really looking forward to this. Disappointed

Here's what I've done, and none of it works. I am a PC user.

• Removed mods. Went to War Table, accepted mission, ventured forth.
    • Loading screen started then CTD.
  • Went back to war table, accepted mission, wandered Hinterlands then Crestwood (btw, once I engaged an enemy, my party continued in battle mode  even though there were no enemies or even other beings in the vicinity. I had to manually disengage and quickly bring up the map so I could travel, otherwise everybody would enter battle mode again. I had to try multiple times because the timing had to be just so), returned to Skyhold and tried to fast travel to Halamshiral.
  • Made sure I was in beige pj's. back to war table to try again.
  • verified no trials selected and changed horse from giant nug to Fereldan Forder, back to war table.
  • all 'lunge and slash' abilities disabled for all warriors, back to war table.
  • switched to windowed full screen with no borders, back to war table.
  • changed to regular window, back to war table.
  • Deleted Patch folder, ran repair, adjusted version number in package.mft file, back to war table.

I don't know of anything else to try.

Message 11 of 17 (869 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has worked for me, too.  I hadn't switched mounts, so I guess I never had that, but I did have to wear the normal pajamas and it worked for me. 

Message 12 of 17 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I never got to start the quest via the war table, but I was finally able to do so via the World Map. Everything was fine until the first Eluvian, and then, you guessed it, CTD.

I turned off the multi-sample anti-aliasing thingy/setting and so far no more CTD's. I have synced the nug. I can talk to everybody. I have gone through multiple eluvians. I even redid a couple of mods, though I don't actually see them. Give it a try if you are still having troubles. I figure if I have problems lated I'll try turning off the other anti-aliasing.

Good luck.

Message 13 of 17 (847 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't even get out of the first area. My game first CTD'd during the cutscene before you're sent into the gardens after talking to the priestess type lady. Like, the first conversation of the expansion. When I reloaded I was just in the garden area where you can talk to everyone. Talked to Varric, moved a bit, crash. Came back in, talked to Blackwall and moved around a bit more, crash. Came back in, crash. I can't really do anything. My PC is nothing to sneeze at, I have a hard time believing it's me: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/snBPxr

Message 14 of 17 (838 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh I also reset everything down, turned off AA, everything. Went to turn my settings down to minimal before it dawned on me. This isn't my problem. I have one of the best video cards on the market that runs every other game effortlessly. Tons of other people are having the same types of problems here. I shouldn't have to drop this game down to looking like the original Mario Bros just to play it. 

I will happily submit any reports DA:I people want me to do, just fix your product. Please. I want to know how the story ends.

Message 15 of 17 (836 Views)

★ Novice

Here I am in march 2016 still unable to play this guess I'm the only one

Message 16 of 17 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Roadkill204,

I know I tried several things before it worked for me. Have you tried everything listed? Sometimes it seems like the smallest change can get past the bad. Possibly adjusting your inventory and creating a new save will work. You did try without mods, right? That is, if you're on PC. A lot of them will definitely interfere with Trespasser. Do the Trials and Golden Nug work for you?

I'm sorry you're still having problems. I wasn't kidding about something small making the difference, either. Just like when somebody switched their mounts and then they were able to get started. 

For example, in one of my previous games I went the Templar route but couldn't get to the final battle with the Envy demon, at least not so my people would work properly instead of looking and acting like stick figures. I don't like the active quest notice always being on screen, so I habitually turn it off (I really wish there were some way it just showed active in your menu without hogging space on your screen or minimap). However, every time I tried to engage - you guessed it, stick figures or even CTD. What finally worked was when I left it active and then I was able to move forward and take down that sucker with everybody moving properly.

I know it seems silly, but I can't help thinking that sometimes a little 'virtual grit' gets stuck in the game's 'gears' and needs to be shaken loose. If you've tried everything else people have mentioned in this thread, then try little offbeat things like that. And don't be afraid to change your HUD settings or other settings - you should be able to change them back with no problem. Good luck.

Message 17 of 17 (681 Views)