Re: Trespasser final shot of everyone is blurry

by Belladoni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trespasser final shot of everyone is blurry

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've played Trespasser twice with different characters and had the same issue. After confronting the Council, the final scene showing all companions together is blurry. The scenes right before (ex: Varric giving the book to Cass) and right after, where everyone leaves, are fine. It is just that one shot that comes out blurry. I've attached a couple of screenshots to this message that show the difference.

Win 7, 64bit

AMD R9 270, 2GB

8GB RAM

AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5GHz

I've done a repair game today but have yet to try out the results.

Message 1 of 7 (859 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

I changed a few graphics settings and now the scene is no longer blurry. I don't know which of these four did the trick, or if it is some combination, but this is what I changed from medium to high:

Tessellation

Texture

Post-process quality

Post-process antialiasing

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (854 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Hm... strange. At which settings do you render the game? It's strange that the shots before and after are fine, but only that one isn't. Either there's an difference in rendering quality by the game itself, or the settings you have it on are 50/50 on the quality needed for that specific scene (although that would still be weird).

Message 2 of 7 (851 Views)

Hero

The cinematic designers probably just messed up the depth of field / rack focus.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (840 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same exact thing happens to me on PC.

Message 4 of 7 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I keep mesh and shader on ultra and everything else on medium. Anything higher and the game lags noticeably and some cut scenes don't fire correctly. Resolution is 1600x900 and multisample antialiasing is turned off.

Message 5 of 7 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I changed a few graphics settings and now the scene is no longer blurry. I don't know which of these four did the trick, or if it is some combination, but this is what I changed from medium to high:

Tessellation

Texture

Post-process quality

Post-process antialiasing

Message 6 of 7 (855 Views)

Hero

Probably post-processing, because that contains depth of field I think.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (797 Views)