Re: Trespasser PS4: Game freezes during boss battle

by jstnchristian

Original Post

Trespasser PS4: Game freezes during boss battle

★★★ Newbie

So I got to the boss fight, I think it's the last one - Qunari mage called Saarvath or something similar. During the battle, when you get her hp low enough there's some kind of cutscene and on my PS4 it freezes completely in the middle. I tried 3 times to beat the boss and every time it's the same.

I have a digital copy of Inquisition, if that's of any importance. Right now I'm trying to simply reinstall the whole game, but since it's circa 50 GB, it's gonna take a while. If you have any other ideas how to fix it, it'd be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 10 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Other people on here where noticing they crashed when they used the effortless lunge upgrade to lunge and slash. Could one of your warriors be casting it by accident?

Message 2 of 10 (732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You mean Great Lunge? Yes, my warrior does use this ability, I used it throughout 2 playthroughs and never had an issue with it.

I'll check it out once DAI will be reinstalled.

Message 3 of 10 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did this end up fixing the issue for you? I disabled the lunge and slash ability on my warriors and it still happened. I'm wondering if reinstalling the game would be helpful.
Message 4 of 10 (647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It might also be worth mentioning that I am on an xBox One console.

Message 5 of 10 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I have this same problem; disabling lunge and slash completely did not fix it. I even tried an earlier save. It seems to be more common with PS4s than other platforms and it's always at this exact cutscene from my research online, but no solution.

This is really annoying because I cannot progress any further at all in a DLC I paid for haha..

Edit: also I have a physical copy of the game!
Message 6 of 10 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this exact same problem twice now; I don't have any upgrades to lunge and slash, and have turned teh ability off entirely, but it froze yet again. No earthly idea what's going on. 

Throw me a bone, EA. I'm completely stuck.

Message 7 of 10 (575 Views)

★ Novice
Discovered the solution!

DONT use the tactical camera at all during the fight, it fixed it for me!!
Message 8 of 10 (562 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IT WORKED!

It's a bit of a pain, but that does fix the freezing issue for me. EA told me this is a known bug, hopefully to be resolved in a future patch. What a bummer. 

Message 9 of 10 (534 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This also affects PC. As mentioned above, not using Tactical View during the battle resolves the issue.
Message 10 of 10 (479 Views)