Trespasser: Game Freezes When Trying to Enter Elven Mountain Ruins Eluvian

by JovannisBullock

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trespasser: Game Freezes When Trying to Enter Elven Mountain Ruins Eluvian

★ Novice

Ho boy, I have spent two hours trying to progress this DLC. I have done every single thing that I can dig up online, using the alt+enter trick, toggling windowed mode, toggling vsync, deleting mods and using fresh patch, changing my inquisitor's clothes, entering with a different party member, using keyboard and mouse, capping frames with launch commands, disabling those launch commands, uninstalling ReShade...I am exhausted. Every time, I enter the eluvian, and then I wash the pulsing icon in the lower right, and every time, it stops pulsing, and the music dies, and I've gotta get task manager to shut down the program.

I really want to finish my inquisitor's story, but the game is thoroughly against me at this point. And its weird, because I had problems starting this DLC, but then the alt+enter trick fixed that. But then I get to the crossroads, and the game says "NOPE" no matter what I do.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there any advice for me? I love this game so much, and its breaking my heart I cannot finish out my inquisitor's story, especially after hearing how great this DLC is.

Help me, Obiwan Mabari, you're my only hope!

Message 1 of 3 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Trespasser: Game Freezes When Trying to Enter Elven Mountain Ruins Eluvian

[ Edited ]
Hero

I only ever experienced this bug when messing with the launch commands. It's a shame that doesn't work for you. Do you cap framerates with any other external software, e.g. RivaTuner? If so, turn it off.

I would try a clean boot. Also, if you have disabled the Origin in-game overlay, try enabling it. I don't think that will have an effect in this case, but it fixes other loading related issues, so maybe you'll be lucky.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (726 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I only ever experienced this bug when messing with the launch commands. It's a shame that doesn't work for you. Do you cap framerates with any other external software, e.g. RivaTuner? If so, turn it off.

I would try a clean boot. Also, if you have disabled the Origin in-game overlay, try enabling it. I don't think that will have an effect in this case, but it fixes other loading related issues, so maybe you'll be lucky.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact same issue. Did you by any chance manage to fix it somehow?

Message 3 of 3 (351 Views)