Trespasser DLC wont load

by Chriskatt101

Original Post

Trespasser DLC wont load

★★★ Novice

I'm using EA Desktop. Get stuck on infinite loading screen when I try to purchase Trespasser DLC for dragon age. Also I own the legendary edition through game pass ultimate so I should own it already, but its says I don't. Either way I would pay for it I just want it to load 

Message 1 of 13 (1,878 Views)

Re: Trespasser DLC wont load

★★★ Novice
@Chriskatt101 Comment on this post if you have the same problem, to help the devs see it faster.
Message 2 of 13 (1,851 Views)

★★ Novice

Seconded. Have EA Play through the Xbox Games Pass PC, which comes with Game of the Year edition; Jaws of Harkkon and the Descent work fine but Trespasser is not recognized as owned and will not load in EA Desktop- just has a spinning load circle forever. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,834 Views)

Hero

Have you tried running it through Origin? In Origin, you can also repair a game by right clicking it in your library and selecting the 'repair game' option. This is something you can't do in EA Desktop (or it's well enough hidden that I can't find it) and it can fix problems that even a fresh install sometimes won't.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 13 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Thanks for the reply! Do you know if my progress would crossover if I tried that?
Message 5 of 13 (1,814 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Also I own the legendary edition through game pass if that changes anything.
Message 6 of 13 (1,810 Views)

Hero

@Chriskatt101 wrote:
@Fred_vdp Thanks for the reply! Do you know if my progress would crossover if I tried that?

Yes, save files are stored in a folder somewhere in Documents. It doesn't matter if you're playing via Origin, EA Desktop, or Steam.

Message 7 of 13 (1,802 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This worked for me weeks ago. Opening Origin and repairing downloads Trespasser. The game even runs fine in Origin.

I'm having a problem once you let xbox game pass lapse and renew it, all DLCs are downloaded, but the expansion packs are not recognized when trying to load games.

Also repairing using Origin after that is blowing my CPU to 100% after repair is finished. The heat damaged my laptop monitor Frown

Message 8 of 13 (1,776 Views)

Hero

@Elfian1012 wrote:

Also repairing using Origin after that is blowing my CPU to 100% after repair is finished. The heat damaged my laptop monitor Frown

That shouldn't really happen. I used to have a poorly cooled CPU, and until I fixed it, I went to my power option in Windows and set my max CPU usage to 90%. It ran a lot cooler then.

Message 9 of 13 (1,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Fred_vdpYou won't solve the problem doing so, sadly.

This is a well known bug by EA tech team. This bug affects only Gamepass users, there isn't a solution.

Well, they will tell you to wait until EA Desktop leaves Beta. That their "fix".

Message 10 of 13 (1,732 Views)