Re: Trespasser DLC bug after starting a fight

by Leora85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trespasser DLC bug after starting a fight

★ Novice

Hello! how are you? I have the Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Edition installed. When I start playing the Trespasser DLC and start a fight, the game after a few seconds goes to black screen and then after another seconds it jumps to the menu with a sign that says "You have returned to the menu. You have lost the connection to the session ". I tried to fix the problem by repairing the game and removing the installed mods, however the same thing keeps happening: I can't start a fight because the game immediately jumps to the start menu. Has the same thing happened to someone else and / or do you have a possible solution? Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience.
Message 1 of 5 (606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@ElspethCousland Single player 'session lost' error seems to be somewhat common for some people, unfortunately. As it's happening when you get into combat, perhaps yours is one with an easy fix... Do you, by chance, have any mages in your party? If so, are they using fire spells? Some people have found that, for some of their saves/characters (yes, it is that random), the game will start doing this when certain fire spells are cast (has been a few years, but I think 'immolate' might be the culprit?). Try preventing any mages in your party (companions and your inquisitor) from casting fire spells, see if that makes a difference. 

Let us know how you go Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (587 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ElspethCousland Single player 'session lost' error seems to be somewhat common for some people, unfortunately. As it's happening when you get into combat, perhaps yours is one with an easy fix... Do you, by chance, have any mages in your party? If so, are they using fire spells? Some people have found that, for some of their saves/characters (yes, it is that random), the game will start doing this when certain fire spells are cast (has been a few years, but I think 'immolate' might be the culprit?). Try preventing any mages in your party (companions and your inquisitor) from casting fire spells, see if that makes a difference. 

Let us know how you go Standard smile

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (588 Views)

★ Novice

Oh god! You saved my life! Thank you SO much! It was just that! I can't believe that such a thing could make so much trouble! I can't thank you enough, really! I hope you have a nice day Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (569 Views)

Hero

Glad it worked Standard smile 
Note, this particular very weird bug should not effect all of your Inquisitors/playthroughs, so if you ever start a new Inquisitor, you quite possibly won't have the same issue, but if you do at least you'll know how to fix it! Tongue out

Message 4 of 5 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Such random, yet "event-specific", crashes are often due to sound effects being triggered that cause a conflict/CtD.  I have found that updating my sound card driver has fixed this issue for several (but not all) such situations.

NOTE: nVidia has a very bad (intrusive) default setting of installing its "HDMI Sound Driver" along with its graphics driver during every update, and then setting Windows to use it.  I don't even have an HDMI-capable sound system!   I always do a "custom, clean install" of nVidia's stuff, and un-check the sound driver option. Angel

Message 5 of 5 (530 Views)