Trapped in the Deep Roads

by emiiiandsammm

Original Post

Trapped in the Deep Roads

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on PC. I have lost the ability to Fast Travel between camps, and when I go to the map there isn't an option to go to the World Map and Fast Travel out of there. Please help, I am trapped and the only way out seems to be to load a save that was 14 hours of gameplay ago.

Message 1 of 6 (632 Views)

Re: Trapped in the Deep Roads

Hero

@emiiiandsammm Were you able to fast travel in the deep roads at all, or has it been this way since you got there? If it only started happening at a certain point, do you remember what that was? Have you tried manually leaving the area? Have you tried repairing the game through Origin (right click the game in your library and choose repair)? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (591 Views)

★★ Guide

What happens specifically if you try to fast travel?

Message 3 of 6 (565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used to be able to travel in the Deep Roads, yes. When I initially got there, I could travel to the top and back out onto the World Map, and I could fast travel between camps on different levels or the same levels.

Then, I lost the ability to travel out to the World Map. I can't remember at what point I noticed that; I manually traveled all the way back to the top and there was not an option to travel out to the World Map. I pressed M to go to the map and got the Local Map, but no button for the World Map.

Then I lost the ability to fast travel between camps. I can no longer get back up to the Legion of the Dead Map, and because of physical obstacles I can no longer manually go any higher than, I think, the fourth floor down. I can't even fast travel to camps on the same floor that I am currently on (I'm in the Bastion of the Pure, as you can see from attached picture). When I click on the camp, the "travel" button stays greyed out as if I were in combat.

I have repaired the game through Origin. (I purchased it through Steam.) It did not resolve the issue, I'm afraid. Any further suggestions?

Message 4 of 6 (526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It isn't an option. As you can see from the attached picture, it's simply greyed out as if I was in combat. (I'm not.) I can manually run back to different levels (which takes FOREVER) but at about level 4 I run into physical obstacles that prevent me from manually traveling any higher.

I also can't move forward. Every avenue is blocked and I think the only way to unblock them is to visit the Operations table up at the top Legions of the Dead camp. I don't care anymore about playing the rest of the Deep Roads, I just want to leave at this point. From the sound of things, the Descent DLC is far too buggy to be messed with. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 6 (521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE:

I have lost the ability to save my game.

The game was working fine before I went into the Deep Roads, but the only save point I have is 14 hours of gameplay ago and I've definitely done a stuff that I would lose BEFORE I went into the Deep Roads. Is there any possible way to access AutoSaves except in the Load screen?

Message 6 of 6 (495 Views)