The game is not showing up on EA Desktop

by bulutasutay

Original Post

The game is not showing up on EA Desktop

★★★ Newbie

Dragon Age: Inquisition not showing up on EA Desktop. 

I saw it when I was browsing EA Play games today, but then it disappeared. I can only view the dlc's and when I click those, it shows the message "Unavailable in your region". 

I live in Turkey. Is it somehow possible that Dragon Age: Inquisition is restricted from Turkish users? I tried closing the app and starting it up again to no avail. How can I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 4 (899 Views)

Re: The game is not showing up on EA Desktop

Yeah, it is very possible that due to your local or area(middle east area) laws the game isn't sold or available to be played in your area.  I think I have heard something about the romances or some such causing issues in some countries and since the store is for an area, it causes the game to not be available in more countries than it actually has to be removed from.  One of the main ways to get around this kind of censorship is a VPN allowing you to mimmic being in a different area....the issue then falls to you if you download an illegal game and any repercussions of doing so from your government and religion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (869 Views)

★ Novice
@bulutasutay Same here, different region. No content restrictions here.
Ended up creating a duped Bug
Message 3 of 4 (854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply. It is very weird that I can buy the game from steam but can't get it from EA Play though...

Message 4 of 4 (848 Views)