The descent dlc glitch (xbox one)

by SirQuackinator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The descent dlc glitch (xbox one)

★★ Novice

I am unable to progress through the dlc, as it is not letting me inspect the corpses in the darkspawn warrens... I've tried saving and reloading, I've tried leaving the area and coming back, I've tried closing the game and re-opening it, I've tried restarting my console, still unable progress. I also tried to skip past it and progress without doing it but it isn't possible to do so. £11.99 for this dlc and it doesn't even work...

Message 1 of 7 (8,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The descent dlc glitch (xbox one)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I was able to fix it on Xbox One, but only because I got lucky, the final enemy was a genlock that spawned inside the stone wall on the upper level on the West side of the room with the corpses. I fast traveled to the Storm Coast via the World Map and the fast traveled back to the Legion camp and went back down the lift and when I got to the stairwell just before the room, the stairwell where the spiders spawn, the spiders and all of the enemies in the "corpse pile room" had respawned and I had to kill them all again. I was able to aggravate the final enemy (the one in the wall) using my Mage's Lighting Bolt ability as close to the wall as possible until I hit him and that caused him to run out of the wall and try to attack me, and when he was dead, it fixed the problem and I was finally able to advance the quest.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (9,614 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

So in my game, it wouldn't let me search them because there was still a darkspawn running around. If you find it and kill it, it might fix it. 

Message 2 of 7 (8,580 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks @NugRider

@SirQuackinator If Nugrider's post doesn't help, can you try seeing if a restart of your console helps? Hold the button on the front until it beeps, then once it finishes the shutdown wait for a few seconds. Start the console back up and check the corpse pile again. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (8,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, my boyfriend and I had the same issue on PC, it got solved by going back to the entrance of the area. Spiders and enemies will respawn, you will find a last genlock in a corner at your left, near the abyss, and then you will be able again to piint on the corpses and check them. probably enemies spawning have issues in that area. I saved and exited the game before doing so, of course. Good luck, anyway, i hope you will fix the bug!

Message 4 of 7 (8,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I was able to fix it on Xbox One, but only because I got lucky, the final enemy was a genlock that spawned inside the stone wall on the upper level on the West side of the room with the corpses. I fast traveled to the Storm Coast via the World Map and the fast traveled back to the Legion camp and went back down the lift and when I got to the stairwell just before the room, the stairwell where the spiders spawn, the spiders and all of the enemies in the "corpse pile room" had respawned and I had to kill them all again. I was able to aggravate the final enemy (the one in the wall) using my Mage's Lighting Bolt ability as close to the wall as possible until I hit him and that caused him to run out of the wall and try to attack me, and when he was dead, it fixed the problem and I was finally able to advance the quest.
Message 5 of 7 (9,615 Views)

★ Novice

Spent an hour trying to progress past this.  I must have a mob stuck somewhere by others results, although I can't even see a red dot on the mini map until I go down the lift and it looks like they are behind that door.   restarted...  ran all the way back to the beginning of the area and retraced my steps...  nothing.  extremely disappointed in this dlc because of this fix the stupid spawn points before it releases.  waste of my time

Message 6 of 7 (8,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hope this isn't too late, but try using a mage with the blizzard ability, use the blizzard attack as close to the wall as possible and this should bring the enemy out of the wall..

Message 7 of 7 (6,922 Views)