Re: The Inquisitor in the Keep

by Mistermovieman

Original Post

The Inquisitor in the Keep

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So, when you make a World State in Dragon Age Keep, you have to make an Inquisitor, but you can't make any other choices for Inquisition yet. When you import a world state and make a new game, it seems you can still make your character however you want. I made a male Qunari Mage with the default name Kaaras in the Keep. I made the same character in game, but I made a different name "Ibrahim." I looked in the Tapestry, and it had a new character option "Ibrahim Adaar." I chose that option, replacing the default one, but it said it needed to be exported to Inquisition again. I deleted my young saved game, thinking I did something wrong, but my name "Ibrahim, is still in the Tapestry. So, now can I export my World State without the name being wrong? Did I not need to start over because I could have retroactively replaced the hero, or what? Also, for some reason I have two "Ibrahim Adaars" in the Keep. One says 'Featured in 2 different World States," even though I only have one, and "current playthrough" even though I just deleted mine. The other says "Features in 1 World State" and "playthrough 2."

Message 1 of 5 (1,180 Views)

Hero

@Mistermovieman Any choices you make in the tapestry for Inquisition are not imported into your game (as you can only import a world state when you start a new game). Theoretically, if/when there's a fourth game, the DAI part of the tapestry may be used to create a world state for that game. For now it serves no functional purpose, other than seeing in your playthrough states what you did with each character. Standard smile

Hope that makes sense Tongue out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I know that the “hidden” tiles in the Inquisition section are supposed to be revealed once you make decisions, but do I have to change the character in the tapestry first before it will start taking my decisions into account for the tapestry? Or will the game still be able to detect that I used that world state even if The tapestry still says I’m using the default hero. I’m leaning heavily towards the latter, because obviously no one plays the default heroes in the game.

Message 3 of 5 (1,122 Views)

Nope...whatever tapestry you have active at the time will be continued with the Inquisitor you download it too and run.  So basically create the world you want up to DAI, play the game and then you can go back and see what choices were made by him/her then.  You don't have to create a character on the tapestry before you make one in game, BUT you can make one if you desire if you want to set up a world state for the next game without having to play a certain way.  You can reveal all choices for DAI by choosing the proper setting in the Keep options on left side of screen.

I am pretty sure it bakes whatever data into the keep save for your completed DAI character for all games, but I don't know this 100% and no one knows what will effect the next game at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5 (1,111 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Alright. I will see what happens when I progress through the game.

Message 5 of 5 (1,101 Views)