Re: The Descent DLC - Bugs! Bugs everywhere! (Minor Character Spoiler)

by TotinosGoverment

Original Post

The Descent DLC - Bugs! Bugs everywhere! (Minor Character Spoiler)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have not seen this bug here on the forum yet so I'll try to be as detailed as possible. (Also this is my first question/ticket. If I have done something wrong, please say so.)

I have just started the DLC. So far everything worked well, played until I got to the Deep Roads, met the Dwarfs, planted the charges and talked to the NPCs as well as finished the first Mission at the War Table. Now I'm supposed to take the second elevator down with the two dwarf NPCs.

The Problem is Renn (The Legion Commander). As soon as we hit the floor in the elevator, he froze, arms in the air as if he didn't load properly. I reloaded the save which fixed that but now as soon as we come down he casually walks behind the elevator in to the stone. I tried to progress without him and encountered the first darkspawn. As soon as I did he was with us again but only until the fight ended. Then he just walked back all the way to the wall behind the elevator.

I have stopped playing now because I don't want to spoil myself. I hope this gets fixed.

Edit 1: I'm playing on PC.

Edit 2: I have played a little bit more and now I'm where you have to investigate the corpses. That seemed to have fixed the problem temporarily. Renn was with me and didn't froze. In addition I now had the bug where you are unable to investigate the corpses. I traveled to another location wich fixed that problem. But now I have the problem with Renn again. This time the fight with the oger did not fix Renns bug.

Edit 2.1: While I traveled back to the legion camp I noticed that Renn stands in the middle of the camp. When I stand on the stares far away from him I can see that you can actually talk to him. The moment I get close to him, that speech bubble disappears so I'm pretty much unable to communicate with him.

To be honest: I expected a few minor bugs. But this... please please fix this. I was so eager to play this DLC but now my mood has gone from "Darkspawn Yissss" to "meh...".

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (3,972 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem, although I haven't gotten to the "investigate the corpses" part yet.  But I have the same issue with Renn constantly walking away and same issue with him not being targetable in camp unless I'm too far away to actually talk to him.

Message 2 of 3 (3,875 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, I found a way to fix this, fr anyone else who has the same problem in the future. You have to continue on through the Deep Roads without Renn until you reach the cavern that leads to the outlook of Heidrun Thaig, where the bodies of the Legion soldiers lay desecrated. After killing all the darkspawn, you may not be able to examine the bodies, but don’t worry about that immediately. You should save and load once all of the darkspawn are dead, and Renn should be back in your party. After that, keep moving a little furter into the Thaig, until a Genlock attacks. After killing the Genlock, you will be able to go back and examine the bodies, trigger the cutscene, and move forward normally with every party member! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (1,807 Views)