Text Size Issues

by Matt9102

Original Post

Re: Text Size Issues

★★ Novice
I finally broke down and bought a 24 inch HDTV. I also bought an hdmi cable. Lo and behold I can READ everything in the game. Mind you, I'm sitting two feet from the screen. That helps. I use my new two-hundred dollar to as a monitor, so there's that. Still, totally unacceptable that there was no disclaimer regarding the FACT that one needs a HD TV and all... I'm as upset as I was when I couldn't read the font on my six by four foot projector screen.
Message 111 of 135 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes this is really annoying I could read DA1 and 2but in 3 thewriting is a tiny blur.

Is this going to be fixed at all as I cannot play theplay without reading all the on screen advice.

I was looking forward to DA3 so much, now I'm thinking what awaste of money :/

Message 112 of 135 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has there been a fix yet?  I just bought this yesterday and I'm extremely disappointed I can't play this because I can't read the text.  I have an xbox 360 and a 4k ultra  LED UHDTV 50" and I have no clue if I can make it bigger or not...

Message 113 of 135 (1,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, it hasn't been fixed Frown 

However, today was available 1.04 patch (175MB in size) for playstation 3 but I can' t find anywhere what this patch fixes. Text size is still too small...

Message 114 of 135 (1,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
My brother said that it fixed the Cole quest. That is the only thing I know.
Message 115 of 135 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, I bought DA:I a few days ago and am currently having the same problem with the game. I decided to update my game thinking it would fix it, I was wrong. Now I sit here wondering why there hasn't been a fix 3 months after it was released and regret my $60 purchase. I thought since Dragon Age 1 and 2 were good I didn't have a need to look into the game, boy was I wrong. Never again will I purchase a game without looking into it. Notify me if an update does come out, I'll be waiting.

Message 116 of 135 (992 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any updates on this getting fixed?

Message 117 of 135 (813 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Seeing no development with this I decided to try something. I knew my old computer screen had a better resolution then my SD TV and that it is better suited to display text. So, I bought a HDMI male to VGA female adapter cable (about 14$ on ebay). Plugged the HDMI part of it in my XBOX360 and then I hooked up my old Computer LCD screen to the VGA part of the adapter. WOW. It made a huge difference. Now I can see everything properly and finally am able play this game properly. The difference is like day and night ! Before doing this, I was trying to play but I was missing so much information that it did not make sense to keep going. The feeling of finally beeing able to see icons and text properly is quite a relief.

That beeing said, it is not normal that we have to this in order to be able to play. This has to be fixed.

Message 118 of 135 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I know that they are making a patch 5 coming out. They are beta testing it for a select Pc users right now. It fixes a number of issues, add a storage, more weapons, fix your character look, and increase the size of subtitles. I am hoping this patch will help console users read the text on the screen. The patch might come out in a couple of weeks.
Message 119 of 135 (801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Xbox 360
Sony 40 inch HDTV
Text so small I can't read it even when standing 6 inches from the screen. The game is virtually not playable till the text size is corrected. I have my Xbox console set to hdtv .

Please fix this!
Message 120 of 135 (742 Views)