Text Size Issues

by Matt9102

Original Post

Text Size Issues

★★★ Newbie

I have a standard definition TV, and I've never really had a problem with the text of games being so small. Dragon's Dogma was even tolerable, but Dragon Age Inquisition is just so blurry and small that I have to strain my eyes to read it. I've tried 2 different TV's, changing the aspect ratio of both my PS3 and the TV, and adjusted the screen size in-game, but to no avail. Is there any way to adjust the font size in-game at all? I've searched through the options, and I worry I'm not going to be able to play a game that I bought at full-price due to something as trivial as this. 

Message 1 of 135 (26,115 Views)

Re: Text Size Issues

★★ Novice

Same. I didn't have this problem with Origins, but Inquisition is nearly unplayable for me.

Message 2 of 135 (25,936 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It may be a PS3/XBOX 360 thing, i don't know, but, on twitter I am encountering people with the same issues on both systems. I myself am having trouble on my PS3

Message 3 of 135 (25,931 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue and it really is making me upset. In a game where dialogue is so integral to the experience (IE, needing to read a lot of stuff), why isn't the text dummy proof? What if I were hearing impaired?

I get it, there's a tendency at this point to give no cares in regards to those still slogging through last gen games with CRTVs etc., but would it have been that much trouble to give more UI options? Maybe let me increase the size of text a bit more?

I'm hoping for a patch, but I'm really upset by the possibility that I might just NOT be able to play the game.

Message 4 of 135 (25,867 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In this thread we are compiling all the issues we're encountering on the PS3/XBOX360. If you want you can check out the compiled list so far. I'll say what I said to someone else about the 'last gen vs next gen' thing. The PS3 only made a year old a few days ago. It is not so new that they can completly abandon the people who have yet to shell out the money for a next gen system. The PS3 (and XBOX360) are still terrific working consoles that are not outdated (imo) yet. If they thought that way then they should have made it PS4/XBOXOne only. 

Message 5 of 135 (25,860 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought it was just me. I have to sit all the way up on my TV and still can't read it. I kinda cross my fingers and hope my choice is a good one if i make one. I actually haven't played too much as my head starts to hurt trying to squint to see the text.Hope a fix comes soon. Oh and it's on my PS3

Message 6 of 135 (25,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I play PC version of this game. Russian subtitles are just unreadable because of how ridiculously tiny they are.

Message 7 of 135 (25,784 Views)

★★★ Novice

I need the text size increased, I'm hearing impared and the game isn't playable for me unless it's increased. I'm upset about this.

I have vision issues as well, I have a high def flat screen about 2 feet away from me and I still can't read.

Message 8 of 135 (25,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Everyone of us are getting the small text.  Are ps4/xboxone/pc users getting smaller than barely readible text as well, or are we "old" generation users being given the shaft?  I tweeted this to Mike Laidlaw and the Dragonage twitter account with no response.  

I also get headaches by trying to squinting and reading the text.  If this isn't fixed, I might as well sell my copy as I cannot return it.  

Message 9 of 135 (25,712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue but with the PC version. In order to read map legend descriptions I need to get my head really close to my monitor because the text is so small. Similiar issue with quest-thingy in the top-right corner of the screen and subtitles.

Message 10 of 135 (25,673 Views)