Re: Text Size Issues

by my_wats

Original Post

★ Guide

I can't read Russian subtitles fast enough to keep up with the game, because the text is too small.

Message 71 of 135 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm very deaf and Inquisition is basically unplayable for me because I can't read the subtitles or general lettering in game, no matter how close I sit to my HD TV -- I really do hope they fix it because it really is atrocious.

Message 72 of 135 (2,025 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a PS3 set to 1080p, a 40" HDTV at 1080p, and the text in this game is VERY tiny.

Message 73 of 135 (2,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
About as useful as Microsoft kicking themselves in the nads by going net-only as a decision for the Xbox(whatever) when at least 1/3 of america doesn't have internet (I talking about the ruralist here(is Alaska, middle of nowhere Montana, etc.). In this case bigger aint better. The devs should have had the text proportionate to screen size and readable at 4' minimum for console users. Most people I know, don't have a spare 5 grand to by S.O.T.A computer systems or consoles every year.
Message 74 of 135 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Novice

Forgot to add -- I'm using a 720p HD Samsung TV and using the HD port for my Xbox (which is a 360 pro) and the subtitles and lettering are still FAR too tiny for me to read, at any distance. And this is a widescreen TV as well, what on earth was QA doing when they were testing this? Do they have superhuman eyes or something?

Message 75 of 135 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here.. My husband has poor (though corrected) vision and can't play this at all because of the font size on ps3, even though we have a 38" HDTV. I had this problem with Skyrim on the old CRT TV but it was fine on the HDTV. This is way worse than that.

Message 76 of 135 (1,990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem...how can you enjoy a game if the fonts are very hard to read? The small font issues also happened to quite a few other PS4 games as well..eg. Diabloe 3, inFamous, WatchDog, Don't Starve, Killzone...etc,  and I am using a 52" Sony TV. Its quite frustrating every time I came across a good game with small font, and its a mystery that game reviewers rarely/never brought up this issue at all....  anyway, please please, for Dragon's sake, please fix it 

Message 77 of 135 (1,980 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue! I am also on a SDTV, but I have never seen text so small until now. Skyrim gave me a bit of trouble on some text, but defnitely not this bad, and tweaking the TV picture settings basically solved the little issue I had with Skyrim. GTA, Fallout, the Halo games, Oblivion, etc never gave me this issue. I too have tried adjusting the in-game display settings, Xbox 360's display settings, and the TV's picture settings, but to little good. I keep the screen cleaned of dust as well, so that's not affecting it either.

Hopefully they'll release a fix or an extra font size control option. Even a simple small-medium-large font control would be better than nothing.

Message 78 of 135 (1,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. On 32" it's too small, on the 54" the size is sufficient, but the all-caps text is nearly unreadable over longer passages.

Basic typographic principles were ignored here. It's a story driven game, but the lore is not readable.

Message 79 of 135 (1,822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

XB1 - 50" 1080P plasma. Font is almost completely unreadable. I'd like a refund or a way to increase the font sizes as well as mixed case instead of solid caps.

Message 80 of 135 (1,802 Views)