Re: Text Size Issues

by Tvorceskiy

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I am playing on a PS4 & a 40 inch Samsung HD. I am on 16:9 picture size. I cannot read most text but when I switch to wide-screen I can read some (still very small compared to other games). 16:9 makes the game look the best tho. I do recall this same issue on DA2 on the Xbox 360 but I just played through without ever fixing.
Message 61 of 135 (1,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
In the game go to options, display, screen position and size. Then adjust the screen size with left stick to the largest possible. After I did that some text is more readable, but still some text is barely readable
Message 62 of 135 (1,678 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@ED2K14Lacy wrote:
In the game go to options, display, screen position and size. Then adjust the screen size with left stick to the largest possible. After I did that some text is more readable, but still some text is barely readable

That doesn't really make the problem better.  Plus, when you adjust the screen position and size you are also chopping off the borders of the display.  Cutting character icons, the mini map, and other things that do provide information off.  So those regards that isn't a good solution.  

Message 63 of 135 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed as that doesn't fix the inherent problem, which is way too small text that made the game unplayable for me.  I tried playing PS3 version on my HD LCD Samsung.  Really hoping BioWare is able to offer a real solution to make the text legible - - what's the point trying to play a RPG if you're barely able to read anything?

Message 64 of 135 (1,638 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I appreciate the sentiment and attempt at a solution, but this doesn't solve anything; rather trades one demon for another. Doing this means I'd lose elements of the UI like health bars, mini-maps etc.

Nice try, though.

Message 65 of 135 (1,634 Views)

★★ Novice

@ImperiousRix wrote:

Yeah, I appreciate the sentiment and attempt at a solution, but this doesn't solve anything; rather trades one demon for another. Doing this means I'd lose elements of the UI like health bars, mini-maps etc.

Nice try, though.

Not to mention the fact that it doesnt completly solve it just means you dont have to work as hard to read it but its still pretty hard to read

Message 66 of 135 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie
1. PS3
2. 4:3 on a 36" CRTV
Message 67 of 135 (1,518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
32" HD, settings at 1080p. Xbox360.

I normally sit about 2 meters away but have had to squint or scoot closer to read.

I've also played on a 50" 1080p and had to stand a couple of feet away to read anything.
Message 68 of 135 (1,511 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same problem. The text is so small and blurry and I cannot even read the quest descriptions, and the war table stuff is just utterly unreadable no matter how close I sit to the TV or how much I squint. I preordered this game in august and have been anticipating it forever and this is the one flaw that has ruined it for me.

I'm playing on xbox 360 and I'm not sure about the measurements of my tv off the top of my head because it wasn't me who bought it, but all I know is I've never had such problems with text in games before. It's really upsetting. I need to play, fix this!!!
Message 69 of 135 (1,351 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm very upset that this forum barely offers any assistance. I've had trouble with the Keep and now with the font, which is too damn small in the Italian version of the game. Why is no one answering to our complaints? I get a terrible headache everytime I play DA:I and I'm really pissed off I payed almost 70€ for a game I can't play.

This is how Bioware pays back its customers.
Message 70 of 135 (1,272 Views)