Re: Text Size Issues

by xN7ODSTxMac

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@dhulegaard wrote:

Hey, everyone!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with text sizes. We'd like to help! Can you tell us:

1. Which platform you're playing on?

2. What are the display settings for your console set to?

If you're playing on an HDTV, try checking to make sure your console's display settings are at 1080p and let us know if that helps at all.

Thank you for your help!

1. Xbox 360

2. SD (420). My TV is probably 20". Definitely no bigger than 25".

Message 51 of 135 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

1) Ps3

2) 16:9

Its not Hd but this is the only game that comes to mind where I have had such a problem reading the text I set up my ps3 display settings but it dint really improve it too much and I try to sit as close to the tv as possible but its still very hard to read

Message 52 of 135 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

37" SD, 360.  This is the only game where the text is hard to read to downright unreadable to me.

Message 53 of 135 (1,561 Views)

★★ Novice

Xbox 360, Display Settings: TV, Normal, Composite/S-Video, Black Level: Standard

SD TV, 19" (tried adjusting tint, color, brightness... no effect)

Dragon Age II had barely readable menus, dialog wheel, etc., but anything on the loading screens was unreadable. Everything text in DA:I is unreadable.

Message 54 of 135 (1,544 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would like to see this at least addressed in some form in the near future. Even if it's a, "Sorry, guys, but we're not going to be adding more options," would be fine, 'cause then at least I'd know it's over.

I mean, I'd still be mad, but I'd at least be able to move on. Cut my losses.

Message 55 of 135 (1,492 Views)

★★★ Novice

32" HDTV, ps3, (20/20 vision) have to be about two feet away to be able to read it and still squinting to make it out.  Typically would be anywhere from 4-6ft away depending on where I sit, it is not legible from that distance. I have friends playing it on ps4 on similar sized tvs that are having the same issue, so it's not a last gen problem in this case. 

Text is always smaller than would be comfortable for anyone with visual impairments in these games (how hard is it to make accessible text of all things), but DAI takes it to a whole new level tbh. It is very, very small. It's not blurry for me, but it's just too small to read. The backgrounds often make it really hard to read the pale text too, some kind of outline might have helped there to distinguish the text from the background. 

Message 56 of 135 (1,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@dhulegaard wrote:

Hey, everyone!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with text sizes. We'd like to help! Can you tell us:

1. Which platform you're playing on?

2. What are the display settings for your console set to?

If you're playing on an HDTV, try checking to make sure your console's display settings are at 1080p and let us know if that helps at all.

Thank you for your help!

Playing on a PS3 playing on a 27in SD TV and display settings are set to default. 

Message 57 of 135 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

1. PS3

2. 4:3 ratio...have a SD tv. 

Message 58 of 135 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

34 or 36" HDTV

Xbox 360 i can barely read the text about 3 or 4 feet away from the tv (almost perfect vision) Honestly just patch a text size slider in to the game it would solve this problem that is stopping alot of people from enjoying your game.

Message 59 of 135 (1,452 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem i play in ps4 46" tv samsung hd and i allready stop of playing it because i cant anymore with the hurt in my eyes i really like this game but i cant play it for now and my eyesight its ok please bioware fix this i really want to continue enjoyng this great game
Message 60 of 135 (1,416 Views)