Re: Text Size Issues

by PapaGamer66

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I'm on the PS3 version of the game and its pretty much unplayable. How can you play such a story and conversation heavy game without being able to read any of the text?

Message 21 of 135 (3,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, I found a solution to this.  It worked for me anyway.  I have an xbox 360.  Go to xbox settings and change the display to 1080p if you can.  I have a 32' HD LED TV and sit about 2 metres away from it and found that the text was much clearer and readable.  I also wear glasses.  However even with this change you could argue about the text size still but the game is playable.  And I am enjoying it.  Hope it helps.

Message 22 of 135 (3,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This absolutely needs to be fixed.  Even a foot away from the TV I can't read most of the war table rewards text, and several of the tutorials I've had to just shrug and decide to go try to find online.

Message 23 of 135 (3,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm legally blind I can't read any of the text at all Very frustrating....

Message 24 of 135 (3,564 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

It's not a "last gen" thing. And it's not just a Dragon Age thing. I call it the "Curse of 1080p." Developers are designing games knowing they have a 1920x1080 workspace. They're using high-res, high-dpi monitors and sitting close to them. Result? Small font sizes. I am playing the PS4 version of DAI on a 40" 1080p TV and I can't read the text unless I move a few feet closer to the TV. I have the same problem with Assassin's Creed IV and Wolfenstein on PS4 as well. Either Sony needs to update their firmware to allow some kind of font magnification, or we're all going to have to go get 60" screens in order to play from our recliners. Frown

Message 25 of 135 (3,516 Views)

★★ Novice

Xbox 360 / CRTV is unreadable, even worse than DA2. I'd hoped people griped about text size enough when DA2 came out that they'd either increase it by default, or give us the option of text sizes. I was hoping to find it in the Options Menu, but can't even read what the options are; for all I know, it is an option.

Message 26 of 135 (3,426 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one experiencing this! EA seems to really lack common sense on these things, and unfortunately the only thing I've heard about a patch has to do with the PC community. Consoles will get the short end the stick, especially us playing on the older gen consoles. It's a real shame. I don't know how I'm suppose to enjoy a story driven game if I can't enjoy the story!

Most aren't playing DA:I on XBO and PS4 because they can't afford to shell out $300+, right? So logically, if they can't afford to spend that much on a console, it's likely they can't afford to spend $200+ on a TV. This is such a disappointment and I know they won't be fixing this anytime soon.

I'm getting headaches squinting to read what's going on. On more than one occassion I've chosen the wrong dialogue choice because I can't read a damn thing.

Message 27 of 135 (3,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel for people having these issues, but in all honesty, if you still have a standard definition TV then its really time you went out and updated your TV's. You can't expect these companies to continue supporting SD indefinitely. Its been almost 7 years since gaming went High definition. How much longer do people need to update thier TV's? HDTV's have gotten so cheap....well, its just borderline insane not having upgraded at this point. You can buy a smaller HDTV set for less than a couple hundred bucks. If you can afford 60 dollar games at launch, its time to upgrade to an HDTV. Again, you just can't expect these companies to support standard definition indefinitely. 

Message 28 of 135 (3,334 Views)

★ Apprentice

@righteousnixon wrote:

I feel for people having these issues, but in all honesty, if you still have a standard definition TV then its really time you went out and updated your TV's. You can't expect these companies to continue supporting SD indefinitely. Its been almost 7 years since gaming went High definition. How much longer do people need to update thier TV's? HDTV's have gotten so cheap....well, its just borderline insane not having upgraded at this point. You can buy a smaller HDTV set for less than a couple hundred bucks. If you can afford 60 dollar games at launch, its time to upgrade to an HDTV. Again, you just can't expect these companies to support standard definition indefinitely. 

Did you not read the posts where people were saying they were using HDTVs and having the same problems or...?

Message 29 of 135 (3,329 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well...I can't agree only because you don't know how long some people had to save up for a game. Also just because gaming has gone HD am I expected to throw away a perfectly working tv? You don't know how people's pockets are.

Message 30 of 135 (3,329 Views)