Re: Terrible lag issues with no solution working thus far

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Terrible lag issues with no solution working thus far

★★★★ Novice

There is terrible lag, cutscenes are absolutely fine however.

Walking with my Inquisitor is like walking through molasses.

Walk one step, slow, walk another step, slows down again, walk a third step, slows down again, like a pulsing with three second intervals.

Things I have tried,

Removing "In Game"  overlay

Updating my xfx 480 8gb Graphics

Uninstalling game, then reinstalling

Putting settings on low

Putting settings on high

removing mods

playing in offline mode

I've exhausted my google searches and tried everything I can think of or read.

I know this forum doesn't get much attention but I had to try anyway.

Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Terrible lag issues with no solution working thus far

1)  Try a clean boot of your computer and see if it makes any difference...https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

2)  Post a DxDiag per the sticky at top of this forum so we have a better idea of your computer.

3)  Remove all mods, repair install, and don't put them back until issue is fixed, as we don't want to be fighting 2 issues at the same time.  Once it runs fine, if you want to reinstall them, that is ok, but not before.

4)  There are often multiple ingame overlays running...Nvidia, AMD, Fraps, Origin, and, Afterburner, are just a few examples, I would temporarily disable all until issue is fixed, add them back later if you desire.  A clean boot above should remove most for a test run, but I would do all separately if clean boot doesn't work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)