Re: Suddently missing DLC, cannot load save game.

by SmokumKush

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suddently missing DLC, cannot load save game.

★ Novice

Hi,

So yesterday I played the game, saved it then go to sleep as usual, then today when I start the game and try to continue the game showing a notice saying that Dowloadable Content is missing

Error Notice

I am playing the game via steam with EA Play for a month now, I already checked my DLC content in steam and Origin as well to make sure that those DLCs is installed.

SteamDLC

Origin DLC

Now all my save cannot be load and showing the same error. I can create new game, but seems like that's mean all content from DLC is gone and all I have is standard game only. Can anyone help me with this

Message 1 of 20 (5,783 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SmokumKush 

Thanks! I appreciate the details. 

When you have the chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and take a look. I've seen some cases where having played through EA Play in the past can cause issues like this, which they should be able to help with. 

For more information on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 20 (7,528 Views)

All Replies

EA Play subscription issue with DAI

★ Novice

Hi,

So I have start my subscription for EA Play on Steam a month ago on Nov 21st, I have logged in an play DAI normally without any issue but now after Dec 21st. When I try to start the game and continue the game showing error. All my save cannot be loaded and showing the same thing.

DragonAgeInquisition.PNG

My bill for Jan has already paid off also

Subscription.PNG

As I did some research seems like Origin doesn't allow my account to access to DLCs for DAI anymore. Could anybody help to check this? My EA

Account is GeniusTran494. Thanks

Message 2 of 20 (5,761 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @GeniusTran494

Have you tried verifying the game files in Steam to see if that helps at all? For more information on how to do so check out the Steam Support website

Let me know if you're still running into the same error message afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 20 (5,743 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hi, I still have the exactly same problem, and already verified the game files.
Message 4 of 20 (5,552 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent hello there i to have the exact same problem,already verified the game files through steam and even tried to unninstall steam and origin to make it work
Message 5 of 20 (5,537 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, 

Thanks for the reports! This issue is something we're currently investigating. I did want to ask a couple more questions: 

Before now did you purchase and install DA:I and the DLC through Origin? If you already owned the game in Origin, did you then purchase it again through Steam afterward? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 20 (5,488 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, I'm playing on Steam and have the same problem. I already verified the game files and no, I didn't purchase the game through Origin before. But I played the game on Steam before through EA Play, and then bought it later.

Message 7 of 20 (5,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you also buy it during an active EA play subscription? I have the same problem and i think it's because of that

Message 8 of 20 (5,411 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates! That's good info. I'll pass this along. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 20 (5,367 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I played the game through EA Play on steam before, think it may have been GOTY, can't remember, but cancelled my EA Play account. I recently purchased GOTY, and the DLC isn't showing up at all. Tried clearing cache, deleting and reinstalling, nothing works.

Message 10 of 20 (5,352 Views)