Re: Stuck at Crestwood

by jessikacast

Original Post

Stuck at Crestwood

★★★ Apprentice

I am stuck in the East Side Hills of Crestwood.

Showed up with Sera to complete her personal quest. After killing some enemies I can't go anywhere. There is a path leading through a tunnel but there is an invisible wall blocking me from entering it. I cannot fast travel away from the area.

Someone claimed that the solution was to open a save game from hours earlier, but obviously that isn't a real solution. Is there one?

Message 1 of 8 (3,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ugh, just experienced this myself. I was hoping to find a fix but I'm not seeing anything. Looks like I'm gonna lose some progress Frown

Message 2 of 8 (3,748 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm in the exact same scenario. Anyone find a fix? This sucks.
Message 3 of 8 (3,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The only way to leave the area is to start a conversation with a scripted NPC that is a part of Sera's personal quest.  Thus far, there are only two reasons that I have seen that will cause an NPC not to appear where they are needed at the proper time.  The first, I have only encountered while at Skyhold.  I have no idea what actually causes the bug, but I think it prevents the NPC from being rendered or from loading.  The best solution to that is to just quicksave the game and then to reload the quick save.

The second cause of this issue is most likely a scripting bug.  This is most likely what happened to you at Crestwood since when I encountered this, the quick save/load trick didn't work.  This might indicate that the entire quest script is bugged and needs to be started again.

The best advice I can give you, indeed this is true before talking to any compantion or NPC at Skyhold, is to quicksave the game right before you begin the conversation.  That way, if the game locks up, a bugged quest script loads up, or other such issues that can be fixed by simply reloading a save, you don't loose a massive amount of time.

Unfortunately, I have yet to find another solution for the issue.  My apologies.

Message 4 of 8 (3,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No apologies needed. Luckily I didn't lose too much progress Standard smile Thanks!
Message 5 of 8 (3,658 Views)

★★ Novice

Had this bug happen.  Reloaded the save before talking to Sera.  Tried again and it happened again.  So apparently I cannot do Sera's questline at all.  This really pisses me off.  Fix your god damned game EA.

Message 6 of 8 (3,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If you go about halfway down the path, on the left next to a pillar you'll find the invisible NPC. Standard smile
Message 7 of 8 (2,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're the real MVP. I fought a dragon right before this mission and it wanted to take me back before that save!

Message 8 of 8 (2,000 Views)