Re: Strange/Random words in name when crafting armour and upgrades

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Strange/Random words in name when crafting armour and upgrades

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Noticed on one character when I made him armour that rather than a crafted item just being 'defender mail' or such after crafting, it would instead have random words or sentences.

I tried crafting some armour upgrade on a different character and had the same issue. Instead of Prowler Legs it gave me a long winded bunch of randomness and attached the Prowler Legs after. I've no idea why, as soon as I hit okay to make the item, the weirdness shows up. This is what the two pieces gave me (I even crafted the defender mail a second time and it came up with the exact same name.)

mfadoah is' support. Lord LaMarche, Emperor Gaspard has saved Thedas. Ifpr Prowler Legs

and

un this matter, Lady Korpin. Defender Mail

A screenshot of one of the items. 

It's not game breaking I'm just really confused about my possessed crafting tables. It only seemed to start happening a few days ago.

Message 1 of 4 (1,908 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Out of curiosity, are you running any cheat engines or mods?

Also, what item did you craft and using what materials?

Thirdly, what system are you on?

Message 2 of 4 (1,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Farferello Whelp, six years later and the problem still isn't fixed ... I am using some mods though, so that might have something to do with it.
Message 3 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Inquisitors!

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, To prevent further necro posting I will be closing it down. 

If you are running into any issues with DAI, please be sure to make a new post here and let us know the details of what is going on so we can provide the most relevant information.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (1,274 Views)