Storm Coast Red Templar Key

by kurai18

Original Post

Storm Coast Red Templar Key

★★★ Newbie

I'm at the Storm Coast, Daerwin's Mouth and there is a room that requires the "Red Templar Key" to open.

I've completed the entire area and was unable to obtain the key.

I searched the web and apparently it's supposed to be looted from a corpse by these two boats near the entrance.

I remember I looted the corpse but apparently did not get the key.

Someone suggested to restart at the nearest camp and go back to the area, which I did, and still nothing else to loot.

Another person suggested to jump of  a ledge behind the room and while the main character is stuck,

the party members will appear to be inside the room and just switching to them as the controlled character would enable me to complete the area.

I tried jumping off the ledge but could not find the right spot to get the party members to appear inside the room.

Please help!

Message 1 of 13 (94,812 Views)

Re: Storm Coast Red Templar Key

★★★ Apprentice

I found the Red Templar Key in Daerwin's Mouth in a locked door not to far from where the row boat is. It was on a Red Templar (Big).

Message 2 of 13 (94,644 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes.  It's a loot drop from one of the Red Templar mobs in the zone.  In my case it was one of the first encounters in the zone.

Message 3 of 13 (94,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fast traveled back to the nearest camp. Went back to the cave, entered and walk through the first part.

There is a short path between to cave openings and the see to the right. You will have two boats at the shore and beside the first boat on the right side ther is a body. Loot it and you will get the key.

Message 4 of 13 (93,323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just to throw this in, I searched for half an hour and couldn't find the key, then went back inside the cave and found the ribcage there.  Thought I'd throw this in, just in case anyone else can't find it in all the expected places.

Message 5 of 13 (90,947 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Very old thread but I wanted to thank you, this helped me find the key in my game just now.  It wasn't exactly where you indicated for me, but was near.

Message 6 of 13 (67,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im here too, was lookin for the key lol
Message 7 of 13 (66,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

didn't find the key lol but I use Sera's leaping shot to jump

Message 8 of 13 (53,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I could never get the key to drop or find it. Finally I used Sera's "Leaping Shot" to make it to whats behind the door. If you are heading towards the row boat that takes u to the island stop at the beginning of the wooden draw bridge. On the left side u can make your way along the cave steps a little ways, you will see another outcropping across from u on the same side with the broken bridge just past it. It took me a few tries but get as close to edge as u can, turn back to broken bridge and hit leaping shot. If u can land on the rocks you wont be able to climb up but your party will appear on the broken bridge...problem solved 😁

Message 9 of 13 (19,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sweet Maker, THANK YOU. I looted all the corpses, and never got the key. I tried reloading, I tried traveling to the nearby camp and back, no corpse anywhere with any blighted key. This though? This worked, using Varric.

Message 10 of 13 (18,478 Views)