Re: Still wrong voice

by Vyreliis

Original Post

Still wrong voice

★★★★★ Novice

I have a Qunari inquisitor, who I selected the 'British' voice for (and even switched back and forth in BE) yet when she rides on a horse or takes damage (exertions) she still uses the 'American' voice

Message 1 of 5 (905 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its only the Qunari that has this. I have had playthrough with all races exept dwarfs so far, and the qunari blasts off with a deeper voice when on horseback.

Since its only on horseback I really dont see the big issue, it acctually amused me  a bit when I heard it the first time.

Message 2 of 5 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wenche78 wrote:

Its only the Qunari that has this. I have had playthrough with all races exept dwarfs so far, and the qunari blasts off with a deeper voice when on horseback.

Since its only on horseback I really dont see the big issue, it acctually amused me  a bit when I heard it the first time.

Not just qunari. I experienced it with a female dwarf character voiced by Alix. I get Sumalee's voice when I'm on horseback.

Maybe the bug is caused by having the non-default voice. The default qunari and dwarf voice is the American one (Sumalee Montano, Jon Curry) and the default humans and elves are voiced by the English actors (Alix Wilton Regan, Harry Hadden-Paton). Maybe the voice reverts to the default when on horseback.

There used to be a much bigger bug where your voice would change permanently to the default after a certain event in the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah ok, so it is on dwarf too. Only race i havent played yet, so I couldnt speak for the dwarfs Standard smile

I guess when dwarfs and qunari are on horseback they start feeling like cowboys and put on a deep, american western-voice ^^

I have only played female in all my playthroughs. Is this voice-changing both on male and female?

- vicky

Message 4 of 5 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As I said above, it is NOT "just" on horseback. It's everything listed under "exertion" in the audio files. Everything that isn't actually a voiced dialogue is still default.

Every file is labelled with either British or American, then as male or female

• 4 breathing, heavy, light, sighing, and catching breath
  • Crawling: injured and normal
  • Pain grunts: dying, electrocuted, fire, heavy, and light
  • Scared, surprised, and normal gasps
  • 3 for attacking
  • 6 for jumping
  • 2 for lifting
  • and 2 for throwing
  • And finally, 4 horse ones: Cluck, hyah, whoa, and kissing.

There's 28 sound assets that the inquisitor is constantly using the wrong voice for

Message 5 of 5 (818 Views)