Re: Steam Overlay

by Sh0tGunAnGeL

Original Post

Steam Overlay

★ Novice

Has anyone been able to get the steam overlay working on dragon age inquisition? can't seem to do it.

Message 1 of 8 (8,726 Views)

★ Novice

It works just fine for me by adding a non-Steam game to my library. It disables use of the Origin overlay though.

Message 2 of 8 (8,588 Views)

★★ Apprentice

generally you have to add Origin as the non-steam game, not the game itself and the overlay will work.

Message 3 of 8 (8,577 Views)

★★ Novice

Try this. It specifically pertains to Battlefield 3, but the idea should translate to other Origin games as well.

Message 4 of 8 (8,554 Views)

★ Novice

Tried adding Origin to Steam and everything works fine except the Steam overlay. I have Origins overlay disabled. Not entirely sure where im going wrong.

Message 5 of 8 (8,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Finally got it to work. Had to shut Origin down completely and disable the Origin overlay. Then added both the Origin and Dragon Age: Inquisition launchers to Steam.

Message 6 of 8 (8,290 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah shutting down Origin and then launching the game from Steam is the trick to it.  I have been doing this for a while with Origin games (Mainly for Screenshot management) however with the overall issues DA:I has been having I don't bother for now but yes I have tested it.

Message 7 of 8 (8,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have both Origin.exe and Dragonageinquisotion.exe added as a non official game to my steam library. I launch Dragon Age Inquisition no problem - i'm wondering why the screenshots I take from Dragon Age Inquisition game launch will end up with my Steam Origin.

Message 8 of 8 (6,715 Views)