Starting Dorian's Companion Quest

by Ragidonne

Original Post

Starting Dorian's Companion Quest

★★★★ Novice

I can't initiate Dorian's companion quest: The Last Resort of Good Men. I already completed his Venatori quest, and have already finished both Sera's and Iron Bull's companion quests, and am working on Vivienne, Varric, and Blackwall's quests. I know I get the quest from Mother Giselle, but she is not giving me the quest. Please help!! Dorian was the character that I was most excited for and for his story to not work is really infuriating me.

Message 1 of 58 (27,732 Views)

Re: Starting Dorian's Companion Quest

★★★ Novice

If this is regarding the tavern being empty when entering try the following

1) Set the quest active in journal

2) Select Dorian in your party and enter the tavern "as him" (do the interaction with the door with Dorian)

If this does not work try toggling the quest to inactive again and enter as Dorian again.

This workaround worked for me.

Message 2 of 58 (27,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What I am saying is that I can't get the quest.

Message 3 of 58 (27,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OKAY--so this is a known bug and this is the answer I received from EA when I contacted them via chat. For anyone else having this problem... I've pasted the chat here...This is the official answer:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but what you are currently experiencing is a known issue. Let me take time to assure you though that our Studio is aware of this and has been working non stop to fix this.

As much as I would love to, I wont be able to resolve this for you as this needs to be fixed on a developmental level. For the meantime, I will suggest to wait for the fix, as it is expected to get released anytime soon. Further announcements will be made so stay tuned at Help EA and EA Social sites.

I am not sure if the update they'll do will require you guys to download it, or will be an update just on our server side. I am not able to confirm or deny that yet.

Yes, it would be for all platform.

I don't want to give you false expectation because we won't be able tell you exact time and or ETA but our team will fix this issue as soon as possible.

So essentially..... the solution is to wait.

Message 4 of 58 (27,345 Views)

★★ Novice

so bascially we've paid 90 dollars for a broken **bleep** game they didn't fully playtest on all platforms before it was released? Bravo.

Message 5 of 58 (27,330 Views)

★★ Novice

As upset as I am, due to experiencing this bug myself.... it's just a side quest. The game is still fully playable, sheesh. >_>

Message 6 of 58 (27,110 Views)

★★ Novice

Clearly you're not a programmer. It's a state bug - hence why it doesn't happen to everyone - and they're almost impossible to find in QA. State bugs just plain don't show up until a million people try to play the same game. It's a fact of life when it comes to programs/games that are as complex as Inquisition. You get two choices: state bugs on release, or nothing more complex than Mario. Take your pick.

Message 7 of 58 (27,054 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having same issue. I hope they'll fix it in next patch. I have looked forward for LI story arc with Dorian :/

Message 8 of 58 (26,994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Eh I dunno it's more than just a sidequest for me. And now I have the additional bug that goes hand-in-hand with this one. None of my choices ever affect Dorian's approval rating anymore. EA spent so much time effectively advertising the characters that one of the main draws to the game for me was Dorian's romantic arc. Everything was falling into place so nicely. I loved my playthrough :] I only noticed that Dorian was glitching 40 hours into the game. That totally destroyed the illusion of my Inquisitor's story. And I can't find the will to restart the game and see if he still glitches out. Hopefully the patch fixes it so that I don't have to.  Meh, last Dragon Age pre-order from me. I will always assume there will be and wait for patches. I don't want this to ever happen again. 

Message 9 of 58 (26,957 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue and it's really frustrating. I'm about 35 hours into the game. As far as I've noticed, Mother Giselle hasn't left the gardens since I got Skyhold. I've completed Dorian's Venatori quest and exhausted all of his dialogue. He flirts with me when I try to talk to him, but other than that, there's nothing. I definitely don't have the patience to restart the game completely. 

Luckily, I do have a bunch of side stuff--like completing Astrariums, killing dragons, and fetching books for Vivienne--that I can use to distract myself for a while. I really hope there's a patch soon, because otherwise this playthrough feels wasted. Romances and roleplaying are the main ways I differentiate my playthroughs and this Inquisitor only has eyes for Dorian. 

Message 10 of 58 (26,939 Views)