Starting DA:I after long time

by MASONkestrel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Starting DA:I after long time

★★ Novice

I have problem to start up after a long time DA: Inquisition (last played in 2016). I purchased all DLC's etc, but it opens in old Origin window and dont start
- Windows 10
- Avast exception enabled
- nvidia geforce updated
- Origin updated

Message 1 of 6 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Starting DA:I after long time

It is saying that the game needs origin yet you say you have the latest version installed.  Which usually means something got out of sync between the programs.  If it works the way it should in the repair, you shoudln't have to redownload or reinstall your DAI program, but you will probably have to reinstall Origin.

I would start by totally closing origin, making sure all processes and such linked to it are closed, then restart Origin and see if you can launch the game from Origin.  If this doesn't work, then close origin, and make sure all processes are closed and then reinstall Origin from the EA website.  You can make up your mind if you want to do Origin reinstall two different ways, but if a simple full restart didn't fix it, you will probably need to go the full process of clearing the Origin Cache and then doing the reinstall.  Once you have Origin reinstalled, AND set the install location for games to the proper location where your games are, it SHOULD be ready then maybe run a repair on the DAI install and verify all files.  This SHOULD allow everything to work as it is designed to work...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (398 Views)

All Replies

It is saying that the game needs origin yet you say you have the latest version installed.  Which usually means something got out of sync between the programs.  If it works the way it should in the repair, you shoudln't have to redownload or reinstall your DAI program, but you will probably have to reinstall Origin.

I would start by totally closing origin, making sure all processes and such linked to it are closed, then restart Origin and see if you can launch the game from Origin.  If this doesn't work, then close origin, and make sure all processes are closed and then reinstall Origin from the EA website.  You can make up your mind if you want to do Origin reinstall two different ways, but if a simple full restart didn't fix it, you will probably need to go the full process of clearing the Origin Cache and then doing the reinstall.  Once you have Origin reinstalled, AND set the install location for games to the proper location where your games are, it SHOULD be ready then maybe run a repair on the DAI install and verify all files.  This SHOULD allow everything to work as it is designed to work...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 6 (399 Views)

★★ Novice
I have already tried to repair the game, reinstal Origin, reinstal the game. I have DA:I automatically installed in "Origin Games" file. You thought different location? e.g. random "My games" file?
Message 3 of 6 (387 Views)

Message 4 of 6 (378 Views)

You say Avast exceptions enabled....did you do, DAI, Origin program and DAI saves folders??

Cause if you didn't do all three, stuff can happen.

Are you launching the game from Origin or are you using a shortcut??

Don't know why it would help, but I have been wrong before, so how about posting a Dxdiag file. 

I also assume this is a unmodded copy of the game??

Message 5 of 6 (359 Views)

★★ Novice
I found out, that exception won't help. I tried to disable Avast shield for 10 minutes and it worked, but after I tried every other way xD. Thanks for your help and your time.
Message 6 of 6 (349 Views)