Re: (Spoilers) Game breaking bug during Trespasser (Eluvian)

by savioeven

Original Post

(Spoilers) Game breaking bug during Trespasser (Eluvian)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I started playing Trespasser yesterday and everything was fine. I went through the first few eluvians, killed some spirits and etc. Now, I`m at the part where I`m chasing the Qunari who created a new path at the Crossroads, but when I enter the eluvian to go after them my game crashes. The area starts loading (those 3 tips appear) and then the sound and the screen freezes. I need to open the task manager to be able to return to my desktop. 

I already tried:

- Window mode 

- Alt Enter when entering the eluvian

- I don`t have the 60fps fix

- Reloading an earlier save, when I was still in the Winter Palace

Does anyone have any tips please??? This makes it impossible to continue the DLC and I'm already 60 hours into this character. 

Message 1 of 8 (7,662 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

What happens if you set your graphics to minimums?

Have you checked for an update to your sound drivers?  (Yes, sound.  CtDs can be caused by sound effects triggered in association with specific visual effects.)

Message 2 of 8 (7,629 Views)

A common cause of a crash at a specific point is data corruption, so if you haven't then try repairing the game and see if it makes any difference.  Also I have had a specific character with me causing issues...example would be Varric being in party causes a crash, him out and it doesn't...so changing your party may help.  Also basics of if you have any mods enabled, disable and repair the game.  Also watching a video of that area may help and make sure you aren't rushing a cutscene or something...by this I mean, a scene should play but you activate the gate and it crashes because you didn't see the cutscene....it has been awhile since I have played that, so I don't know if it is relevant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8 (7,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@gabriel22244 wrote:

- I don`t have the 60fps fix. 

It's good that you mention this, because that's normally causing it. Still, maybe it could help to force 30fps by adding the following line to your game's launch properties:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 30 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 30+

You could also use these two commands separately in the game's developer console (without the dash in front).

If nothing helps, you could upload your save folder (for instance using WeTransfer) and I could move your character past the crash point.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (7,596 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Any mods?

Dxdiag?

Message 5 of 8 (7,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go without recruiting any companions

Message 6 of 8 (6,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Late reply, but in case someone else finds this thread and has this issue... I had the exact same issue and found out it was because I was bringing a modded Sera. I guess if you bring along followers with a modded appearance, maybe they don't work in Trespasser DLC.

Message 7 of 8 (5,765 Views)

★★ Apprentice

THANK YOU, tbbawden! That wa EXACTLY my issue. The mods even warned me of this; but with my busy schedule this game took months and I totally forgot!

Message 8 of 8 (5,072 Views)