Sound Problems on PS3

by ivarosorio

Original Post

Re: Sound Problems on PS3

★ Novice

I am having the same problem.
It started as soon as I entered the Black Emporium. The only sound that is present is the backround sound and the Antiquarium occasionally saying something. Upon further investigastion i've also noticed the Antiquarium who's textures aren't loaded, as is the statue of Meredith and some other objects. The small animals who should be running around are just standing still behind the A. and also making no sound. When I left the Emporium and I was loaded into Haven, not a single sound was present. Just full silence. I tried speaking to Cassandra and because it was the first time I spoke to her in that playthrough, a cutscene started playing showing my character stepping towards her, and afterwards nothing. My character just stood there, looking, as if she wanted to say something, but she didn't. I decided to try to skip the dialogue but when I repeatedly pressed squarre the screen went black and after choosing a few dialogue option and ending the cutscene I thought maybe restarting will fix it. I pressed start and selected the main menu option, and a blackscreen with a loading signal kept going on for more than 10 min until I shut of my system. I tried it on other characters and it's all the same, so I don't think it's my ps3.
TL DR: Had the same problem and hope for a fix.

Message 11 of 29 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sooo almost a month has passed, you guys have given us no word, no notice, no fix, no nothing, are we even going to keep getting support? or is bioware also taking that away? and if we are getting support is the next patch going to address the myriad of bugs that have poped up with patch 8? are we barking at the wrong tree here?

Message 12 of 29 (1,941 Views)

★ Novice

No fix and next DLC is not for PS3.  What a horrendous thing to do to all those loyal people who have stayed with it and love this game.  SHAME!

Message 13 of 29 (1,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the EXACT same problem. I leave the Emporium and my Sound is gone. When I exit game MY PS3 crashes and sometimes it will get stuck at Synchronizing Trophies screen when it hits 100% and I have to delete the game data in the install folder on my PS3 and reinstall the game. I have been a LOYAL Customer to EA and especially Bioware for a very long time. But I am starting to think Bandai Namco is a better choice for video games or Square enix. I never have any problems with FROM SOFTWARE games like Dark Souls, but I always seem to have issues with EA and Bioware games. Please dont forget the PS3 users, we are still customers like a previous comment stated. Ea/Bioware please fix this problem.   I have bought all of the Dragon Age games and all of the Mass Effect games, not only for my PS3 but on my PC as well, (when my first PS3 broke) But Please Fix this issue thats all we ask, I am sure a simple PATCH could fix this programming glitch, cant be that hard to fix. Thank You and have a nice day!!

Anyone Else starting to think that EA doesnt care at all about their customers and that EA is destroying Biowares reputation? I am starting to feel this way about their support. When I had an Issue with Ni NO Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, I received help from Bandai Namco almost immediately, and since it was a common problem the issue was fixed within weeks. When I had an issue with Final Fantasy 13-2 Square Enix was all over it and the issue was fixed. Look what FROMSOFTWARE has done for Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, they have fixed several of the issues customers complained about. Right now EA and Bioware are falling behind in Customer Service. Maybe if you stopped outsourcing the Jobs to India your Customer Satisfaction rating and overall quality would go up. Think about your Customers please. Thank you. 

Message 14 of 29 (1,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Another one here. When I go to the Black Emporium I get ambient sound and the Antiquarian's random rants but no normal game sounds. At first I thought the ambient sound was hiding my Inquisitor's footsteps but a few attacks on thin air and jumping around a bit proved otherwise. No normal sound from the moment you enter the area. In addition the animals are all stuck in place though they do move their heads around, and the Antiquarian himself looks like something from the Playstation 1 days. Seriously, I think back to how Dr Cortex looked in Crash Bandicoot and if I'm brutally honest it's probably better than the Antiquarian looks now. Deleting and reinstalling the DLC didn't work for the game I'm in the middle of, though I suppose it's possible it'd be okay starting from a new game. I'll look out for that next time I start one but I'm not going to do it now.

This would be a fairly minor annoyance if the lack of sound didn't persist when you leave the Black Emporium for another area. I haven't tried every other area but of the three or four I have tried not one had sound, not even that area's normal ambient sound. Attempting conversation via subtitles with a requisition officer in Crestwood showed that conversation is also affected. Having initiated conversation it took so long for her to respond that I thought she wasn't going to and ran off to try something else when suddenly her line popped up on the top of the screen. And then like most others here I have the fun of saving the game while wondering if I'll have to restart to get sounds back or whether it's going to crash the system anyway. 

Now I know it's free DLC and that it could be argued that we're getting what we paid for but try seeing it like this: have I bought Jaws of Hakkon or Spoils of the Avvar yet? Nope, because Black Emporium is so clearly cactus that I'm not going to buy paid DLC without spending some time seeing if other people are having problems, and I'd rather spend my free time playing at the moment. Plus it seems that Black Emporium used to work and has been stuffed up by a patch, which raises the concern that even if Jaws of Hakkon works ok now it might get banjaxed down the road. If you want people to buy your products it's really a good idea to make sure a. that your free samples work and b. that you don't accidentally break them for your customers later.

Edit: tried starting a new game and going to the Black Emporium the minute it becomes available. Same problem.

Message 15 of 29 (1,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So ... we were abandoned. Sure, I knew I would have a broken game picking the PS3 version, but wanted to give it a chance, because of the previous great games for the console (ME Trilogy, DAO and DA2) from the studio, even with its particular port problems.

But the disregard of the company with us customers just shows how Bioware is under the EA's boots. Now,  the remaining option is sell my copy DAI and buy something else. Perhaps Dark Souls. I really should have keep playing Dragon's Dogma rather than this.

Message 16 of 29 (1,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issues with traveling to the black emporium and then all sound cuts off.

Message 17 of 29 (1,774 Views)

★★ Novice

Since the latest patch I am having sound issues too, on PC. It's happening in all areas of the game and I have to restart at least once every hour. They need to address this because something is definitely wrong. I've had the game since it came out and this just started happening.

Message 18 of 29 (1,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm certain this problem is related to the save import feature from PS3 to PS4, since it needs the Black Emporium and was introduced in patch 8, which was when the problems started.

Message 19 of 29 (1,708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Abandoned? Starting to look that way. Nothing from EA/BW about looking into it and no mention in the patch notes for patch 10 that came out yesterday. Maybe they did and just didn't mention it but it seems like a sufficiently widespread problem that it'd be worth mentioning if they'd fixed it. In the absence of a fix it looks like the least annoying way to use the Black Emporium is:

1 - set aside about a weekend for non-stop gold farming

2 - go to the Black Emporium

3 - buy everything you think you might possibly want in this playthrough

4 - leave

5 - reboot

6 - never go back

I'm not that invested in what the Inquisitor wears around Skyhold but I would like to hit the Black Emporium for extra dragonbone without having to reboot the bloody console afterwards.

Message 20 of 29 (1,668 Views)