Re: Single Player "you have lost connection to the session" non stop

by Randifier

Original Post

Single Player "you have lost connection to the session" non stop

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Playing goty da:i and I am in hinterlands doing quests for horsemaster. 5 times in a row i got this message " you have lost connection to the session". 

What is problem with this? First time this is happening.

Not using any cheats. Just started happening this evening and even when I am in offline mode I got that message. It is happening to that breach near horsemaster.

Message 1 of 11 (6,070 Views)

★★★ Expert

What platform do you play on? How do you connect this device to the internet? (Wireless, Wired to router, wired to modem.)

Message 2 of 11 (6,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Pc, wired. It is that rift near horsemaster in hinterlands. Only there i got this message.

I somehow closed it, lowered post process on medium and difficulty to casual and havent used any skill, just basic attack. But before immedately after I use fire mine or immolate game gave me message above.

I dont recall that I had this issue when I played game first time.

Just got it again on second farm rift in that creek. What is wrong with this?

Now it is crashing in other areas. Wtf happend after 20hrs. 

Message 3 of 11 (6,056 Views)

★★★ Expert

Okay that's sounding like what happened to me a few months ago. Then it was Origin at fault so, just to be sure it isn't the same glitch and just a missing Origin update I'd like you to uninstall Origin, then download a fresh copy from HERE and install it again. Your games will not be affected and, will show in Origin one it reinstalled and, you log in.

I'd also like to take a look at your DXDIAG report to see if you are missing any driver or other critical updates or, if that indicates another possible issue. Follow the instructions in the spoiler of THIS POST to post that report.

Message 4 of 11 (6,043 Views)

★ Guide

Here is dxdiag but it is same. I have reinstaled origin and redownloaded whole game again and same again. Maybe save game is corupted somehow.

Message 5 of 11 (6,032 Views)

★★★ Expert

Specs look good, there is a slightly newer driver for your GPU available form Nvidia but, the driver you have should still run the game just fine. A corrupt save is possible. To check for that, navigate to Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age Inquisition/Save and copy ALL of the files in that folder to another location then, delete the original files. That will remove all of your saves as well as reset your options to default. Test the game now by trying to start a new game. If that works, you can reset your options to your liking and make sure it still works after doing that.

Finally, you can copy one save at a time back to it's original location and see if it will load and play. If it does, move it to another safe folder for working saves while you test the next save. You may be able to find the bad save and, not have to loose all progress this way.

Message 6 of 11 (6,026 Views)

★ Guide

I deleted all and started new game. 

Redownloaded and reinstalled whole game again and I will see if problem persist later when I get to same spot.

Message 7 of 11 (6,020 Views)

★★★ Expert

Okay, I'll wait for you to see what that does. If the issues persists, I can help you contact a game advisor for more expert help than I can provide.

Message 8 of 11 (6,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did it help? Starting the game from scratch? 

Message 9 of 11 (5,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@sakiboj77 I FOUND THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME. Go to your saves and move the ones from when the problem started to now to a separate folder. (C:\Users\ME/Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save) Including, DAISAVEAUTO, DAISAVE, and DAISAVECHAP. Do not move the DAISAVETIME as this will keep your recent progress. Just incase I recommend turning off cloud save on origin if you are using it on steam as this can cause some connection issues when trying to upload its saves from steam to origin servers and might be the cause of the problem.
Message 10 of 11 (3,501 Views)