Single Player "Session Lost"

by MacBumferty

Original Post

Single Player "Session Lost"

★★★ Novice

Can't play the game in single player now, after only 60 seconds in-game i get sent to the main menu with the message "lost connection to session", very anoying.

Message 1 of 21 (14,319 Views)

Re: Single Player "Session Lost"

★★ Apprentice

Out of curiosity are you using a trainer or cheat engine while playing the SP campaign?

If not, add your game's .exe file and folder to your Antivirus exclusion list just incase it is scanning your files to kick you off, that is what I had to do myself.

Message 2 of 21 (14,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem and I'm using a trainer but the trainer was working fine before the latest Origin update, now my game keeps developing a lot of glitches (mouse won't click sometimes, this glitch, laggy controls, etc). Every time I start Inquisition after fixing a problem a new one comes up, so it doesn't surprise me that this is happening again (maybe the trainer needs an upgrade after the latest patch), but it's still a pain in the butt.

Message 3 of 21 (14,260 Views)

★★★ Guide

If you have no internet connection, or one that Origin is blocked from detecting, then you cannot play DAI until you set Origin to offline mode. This also applies if you do not want to install a patch, because origin requires you to install all patches in order to play online (so multiplayer versions are all the same). But you can set Origin to offline mode and then play DAI without installing patches.

But the session lost while in single player is simply because Origin lost its connection while you were playing, and Origin was in online mode. So Origin went into offline mode itself, and that disconnects you from the Dragon Age servers. The only thing really affected for single player is that you won't get achievement updates until the next time Origin goes online. Then all your achievements will register.

Message 4 of 21 (14,248 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this issue. At first setting Origin to offline mode helped for a few hours, but now my game keeps throwing me back to the main menu with the "Lost connection to session." This only seems to happen in combat. Can't figure out what to do to fix it. DAI and Origin are both on my firewall and antivir exception lists and Origin is in offline mode.

Message 5 of 21 (14,233 Views)

★★★ Guide

That is odd. If you started in offline mode, DAI should not even have tried to connect to the dragon age servers, so there should be no way to lose connection since it never connected. You can try manually unplugging your internet cable so there is no way DAI can start up in a connected state. Alternatively you can disable your network adapter in the control panel device manager, though that often causes more problems than needed in getting the network connection back up.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but in the network settings of DAI you can turn off the auto log in feature. If I'm not remembering correctly, just try the different network settings in DAI's options.

Message 6 of 21 (14,227 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the advice MyMilynn, I tried what you said and it wouldn't work. Although that's not a problem anymore as the issue seems to have gone away for no apparent reason. Still playing in offline mode but it works so I'm happy.

Message 7 of 21 (14,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PC, single player. Started having this problem while playing Descent (the megabattle on level #3 I think, with ogres and many emissaaries). Not using trainer or cheating in any way. First I played on trials that made enemies level with me. This resulted in AOE spells not trigerring, or trigerring with a very big delay, and impossibility to use tactical mode, because it was not possible to switch between party members. Also party members would periodically stop participating in the melee.  Got 3 "session lost" episodes: loading screen appears then game crashes to entry screen with mages and templars walking somewhere and informs me that session connections is lost. I turned the trials off, started in usual mode. The AOE spells still become unusable periodically and the switching problem also, but a little less often I'd say. Using mostly non AOE stuff I managed to get to the place where there are several emissaries and 2 ogres. After almost killing them the loading screen appears and the session lost message happens. This now happened 4 times in a row, I refuse to go on like this ))

Message 8 of 21 (13,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Happens in PS4 single player as well. Haven't been able to progress my game past In Your Heart Shall Burn.

Edit: Even happens when I'm not logged into EA servers and I have share usage data turned off. Frustrating. I don't want to have to start completely over.
Message 9 of 21 (13,369 Views)

Hero

It sounds like it's not a network/server error (as when your internet gets disconnected in single player, you don't get kicked out of the game, you just get a pop up telling you you've been disconnected and will have to reconnect to Origin if you want to be online). 
Not very helpful, I know, just an observation. Have you tried to contact a game advisor (technical support) about this issue? You can do so here. Let them know that it's in the single player campaign and your network status (connected, disconnected, offline mode, etc) makes no difference, maybe they'll have some ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 21 (13,350 Views)