Simple Question; When will the DirectX Hung Device Errors be addressed?

by Locklyn

Original Post

Simple Question; When will the DirectX Hung Device Errors be addressed?

★★★ Apprentice

There has been no mention of any attempts to fix these in any of the patches, hotfixes or anything. So, what is going on with this problem that a lot of players seem to have, it is a real simple question, when will it be fixed?

Message 1 of 13 (484 Views)

Re: Simple Question; When will the DirectX Hung Device Errors be addressed?

★★★ Apprentice

It is not that a hard a question eh?

Message 2 of 13 (437 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, it isnt. 

Unfortunately you wont get an answer from here, as the devs/publishers don't answer any questions here - they think its cheaper to get the customers to sort out thier own fixes!

Sorry to hear that you have been having problems, I hope they announce they are releasing a patch for you soon!

Message 3 of 13 (432 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That is beyond funny since the devs on bioware forums refer to this site for technical assistance. I have yet to receive any assistance other than from other players despite Bioware claiming this to be the official channel for technical help with the game.  Guess they want us going in circles as long as they have our money already they dont give a **bleep**

Message 4 of 13 (423 Views)

Agreed, the crashing issues are not being addressed and patch 2 made mine worse.  Sorry your having problems and I hope you can manage to find some fixes to work for you, there are lots of suggestions here on the board, just not from EA of course.

Message 5 of 13 (419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And I have tried every single one of them. Actually my game ran smoother and better with less issues before the patch and the hotfix for the patch, now I have even more frequent Direct X crashes, yay! *sarcasm meter warning*

Message 6 of 13 (413 Views)

Wow that's terrible.  Have you tried playing offline?  I run Gigabyte's Easytune6 stabilizer and play completely offline.  I also fixed directx files that were corrupted after playing DAI, also fixed corrupted CAB files, running sfc /scannow and restore health on windows 8.1. 

I managed to even record a video earlier without it tanking using those methods above, of course the video is of the game acting bonkers!  I posted it in another thread about Emerald Graves here on the board.  I think the game is just full of bugs...ugh.

Message 7 of 13 (411 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup tried that as well. I have been counting and I have spent almost as much time searching forums and the web and trying out different technical solutions as I have playing the game. That is NOT what I pay hefty dollars for and how I want to spend my entertainment time. I have job and family, when daddy wants to play in his den, he wants to friggin play, not watch the game crash every five seconds.

Message 8 of 13 (403 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

But thanks for trying to do EAs job for them. Guess it is cheaper to have players try to fix problems for players than a support staff.

Message 9 of 13 (391 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bump

Message 10 of 13 (370 Views)