Re: Severe lag/100% disc usage

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Severe lag/100% disc usage

★★ Novice

I keep on encountering a problem that occurs after 5 minutes of gameplay. the game repeatedly  has 100% disc usage takes a long time to load and when talking to people it does nothing.

Pc specs:

CPU: amd fx 8350 

GPU: GTX 960

16GB ram

MSI 970 gaming MOBO

1tb hdd (unsure of speed.)

Message 1 of 4 (897 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @TAW_Alistar

Do you encounter a similar issue with any other game on your PC? Wondering

Also, I would recommend running the game in the compatibility mode for an older OS. You may also want to repair the game in Origin and launch it as admin.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (871 Views)

★★ Novice

i have not encountered this issue with any other game. i have also done just about everything possible in attempt to fix it.

i have enabled compatibility for win 7, ran as admin, disabled origin overlay, repaired the game, lowered graphics, even chatted with a support member and they didnt know what was the cause. because i tried all that before chatting with them. we did a msinfo instead of a dxdiag and it reported multiple nvcontainer errors but she said that fix that is outside her area of experience. i should prob google that real quick

Message 3 of 4 (866 Views)

If you googled it like you said you would, then this is probably redundant....

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948840/geforce-experience/nvcontainer-exe-causing-100-disk-...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4 (850 Views)