Re: Scars in Dragon Age Inquisition (PC) won't show

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Scars in Dragon Age Inquisition (PC) won't show

★★★★★ Newbie

I know some have said their scars won't show due to the patch that just came out. However, mine have never shown up at all. My first playthrough was with a Dalish with vallaslin so it really didn't bother me. However, now I want to play as different characters and can't get the scars to show up at all. 

I've tried with different races and skintones and nothing shows up at all. 

Is anyone else having this issue?? Does anyone know of anything I can do to get them to show up in the game? I'd really, REALLY rather not uninstall/reinstall the game over scars because I've finished one playthrough and have two others going. :-/

Thanks in advance! Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (87,510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

In your graphics options, make sure shaders are set to high or ultra.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (92,711 Views)

All Replies

Hero

In your graphics options, make sure shaders are set to high or ultra.

Message 2 of 7 (92,712 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

FYI, what I am sure Fred would have said is that it's related to the capabilities of the hardware.  When you have low quality video, you cannot choose High and/or Ultra settings. 

Message 3 of 7 (87,476 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

You have to change the shader quality. It's the last setting in the graphics options and it has to be at least at on high I think to have the scars show up Standard smile

--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (87,457 Views)

Hero

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

FYI, what I am sure Fred would have said is that it's related to the capabilities of the hardware.  When you have low quality video, you cannot choose High and/or Ultra settings. 

I don't think there are restrictions like that in the PC version (unlike Dragon Age 2). Even on a slow PC you should be able to set shader quality to high, even if it's not advisable.

Message 5 of 7 (87,445 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have to agree here. A friend of mine has a PC that doesn't even meet the minimum requirements of Inquisition but she can still put the shader quality to high and it works just fine as long as most of the other graphic options are on low quality.
--
Please remember to leave XP and accept solutions if a post helped you Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (87,439 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for this its been bugging me

Message 7 of 7 (21,398 Views)