Re: Realistic estimation on fixing PC problems?

by Tophiate

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It is a joke to be honest, the game won't even open properly for loads of people - (me included) - and even those who can get it to run suffer from freezing and so forth.

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain there's a problem over all the platforms.

Some communication regarding the issue would be nice, and not unreasonable, but is there any?

Nope.

They could just have sent out a DVD case with 4 blank DVDs in, the effect would have been much the same: no way to play the game. It seems a waste of all the talents of the designers and programmers and so forth if you can't actually look at their work or use it in any way because the stupid thing won't actually load no matter how CPU cores you turn off or what hoops you jump through.

It's a complete waste of everybody's time and money.

If we are supposed to be beta testers they could at least have the curtesy to provide us with a salary and the correct tools for the job, either that or least acknowledge all the people giving them money and make the game playable even on the most basic level.

There's no point having a game that gets rave reviews and awards if no one can actually play it.

(Although someone apparently must have been able to, so why can't we, the ones who are actually paying for it)?

Clearly the answer is to just not play the game, what's the point anyway when there's no guarantee it will work beyond a certain point. If I buy a toaster I expect it to make toast out of the box. If I buy a game I expect it to be at least mostly playable out of the box. This isn't and that's ridiculous.

That level of fail in any other sale/buy relationship would be unacceptable, why is it that games companies appear to feel that it's ok?

Message 11 of 17 (540 Views)

★★ Novice

+1 

Message 12 of 17 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, considering its EA tech forum not BioWare, it's obvious they wont check this out. You want something, then go there: http://forum.bioware.com/ - they are creators afterall, EA is just a middleman.

And yes it should be fixed when patch come out. I guess they want to fix as many problems as possible in one go, not like Assassins Creed Unity where in just one first week you had like 5 patches.

//Edit Strange enough but this forum is actual technical forum for dragon age inq ;f

Message 13 of 17 (473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, as far as I knew this was the spot to post to if you had problems...

I am just amazed and shaking my head about this whole thing. I also hate to be the 'conspiracy' guy but...how did people who reviewed this game and gave it a 10 OUT OF 10 etc etc now catch ANY wind of this SNAFU??! I read several online and magazine reviews and ALL said THIS was the RPG we've been waiting for and not ONE said boo about bugs. I smell a big fat RAT. Does EA or BW own Gamestop and it's mag Game Informer by chance? Wouldn't surprise me for a second at this point.

I am ALSO kicking myself in thebutt for not returning the game when I had the chance. I was holding out hope that this would be taken care of promptly and with some communication, but alas we have all seen the true colors of EA / BW.

I try to never say 'never', but it will be a cold day in hades before these poor excuses for game developers / producers / whatever-ers get another nickel from me.

Well done guys.

Message 14 of 17 (370 Views)

★ Guide

A realistic estimation is by late December to Mid January. However, it is not right, nor should we have to wait this long. Nevertheless we can only hope it be fixed sooner, I think they are working hard on this since PC is such an important platfrm

Message 15 of 17 (368 Views)

★★★ Novice

A realistic estimation would be that the problems would be fixed before releasing the game for 70+ dollars. Worst-case scenario, it should have been fixed within a couple days of release. But, of course, that's too much to ask from a company who is only interested in taking your money.

Message 16 of 17 (326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@rhegius wrote:

EA is **bleep** joke, its like BF4 all over again, they just release game in unplayable state, i hope they gonna refund me, game is great (i finished hinterlands before troubles started) yet technical issues are just too much...i guess it will take like month or two to fix the game for pc...yet game is released, money colected...well **bleep** done

Bear in mind that we're an extreme minority. The game looks and works great for most people. Although, there are a handful of prevailant bugs. The gender confusion one comes to mind. How they did not catch that in QA is a mystery to me.

Message 17 of 17 (320 Views)