Re: Realistic estimation on fixing PC problems?

by Tophiate

Original Post

Realistic estimation on fixing PC problems?

★★★★ Novice

All complaining and moaning aside. When can we expect EA/BW to fix the current issues with the PC version of DA:Inquisition, specifically the AMD Radeon GPU "hang up" / DX problems?

I have taken every "solution" provided to heart. My DX drivers are all up to date. The AMD Catalyst beta drivers 14.11 are all installed. My system exceeds minimum and most recommended specifications. 

Nothing is working and the game is unplayable.

This is unacceptable.

My system specs are:

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

8192MB RAM

DirectX 11

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series w/Display Memory: 728 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
Shared Memory: 3812 MB

I run my O/S on my SSD and have TB's to spare on my HDD's.

I would appreciate a prompt reply on this as I am still within the 24hr refund window for the game, and I am seriously considering just returning it and walking away.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 17 (1,201 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no response should come as no surprise, I guess, at this point.

Message 2 of 17 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This is the Answer HQ game player community.  We have no pipeline from here into EA/Bioware's inner circle, so you are asking on the wrong website in here. 

Message 3 of 17 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

This is the Answer HQ game player community.  We have no pipeline from here into EA/Bioware's inner circle, so you are asking on the wrong website in here. 

So where is the right website, then?

Message 4 of 17 (1,057 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

How to: Contact an EA Adviser.

That appears in the sidebar on most of the AHQ index pages. 

Message 5 of 17 (985 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How to: Contact an EA Adviser.

That appears in the sidebar on most of the AHQ index pages. 

The EA Advisors told me that this is where I get the attention of the devs. So there is no way to get their attention?

Message 6 of 17 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They lied.  Real simple.  No Bioware developer has ever made a ripple at all in AHQ. 

Message 7 of 17 (885 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

They lied.  Real simple.  No Bioware developer has ever made a ripple at all in AHQ. 

Thanks Gorath. I'll be more persistent tomorrow then, and make them log a bug.

Message 8 of 17 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Compared to the old days of Bioware, when they first took over some developmental issues, following the closing of Black Isle Studios, we did know that some of their people were actually exchanging comments in the forum, although their profiles weren't particularly revealing.  Later on, we got to "meet" a few Bioware folks who weren't officially assigned to maintaining order in the forums. 

That was while NWN-1 was being developed.  I don't recall it continued after that (2003, I believe).  Consider this: the average weekend shift Game Adviser is new, else he'd be working normal hours on normal days, or he's back on probation for screwing up.  The best that they've got work the 10AM to 6PM part of the day shift, during the normal work week.

Message 9 of 17 (800 Views)

★★ Novice

EA is **bleep** joke, its like BF4 all over again, they just release game in unplayable state, i hope they gonna refund me, game is great (i finished hinterlands before troubles started) yet technical issues are just too much...i guess it will take like month or two to fix the game for pc...yet game is released, money colected...well **bleep** done

Message 10 of 17 (782 Views)