Quest "From the Beyond" bug (spoilers)

by Rand207

Original Post

Quest "From the Beyond" bug (spoilers)

★ Guide

Played DAI when it first came out and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Decided to replay a complete game with all the DLC, since I have never played the Descent or Trespasser.   Anyway, I've been in the Exalted Plains for awhile and finally came to the Dalish camp, spoke with Keeper Hawen, and got the quest "From the Beyond" to clear out the demons in the graveyard.  I'd forgotten about this quest being bugged and unable to be completed in my first play through.  I did remember not to destroy any graves or open the Tomb.

So killed the Demons, returned to the Keeper as the quest marker showed, and he had nothing to say about it, wouldn't complete.  Quest marker now shows back at the grave yard.  I've Googled this, and the only suggestion I've found is to leave the Plains, then come back, and the quest "may" reset.  Tried that once so far, but no luck.

I really thought that by now, this being such a common bug, that it would have been patched.  Obviously, we're not getting any more patches.  So thought I'd post here to see if any new DAI players, or returning ones, have encountered this and how they dealt with it.  I'm too many hours beyond that quest to reload a save before it started.  If I had only just remembered about it before I could have done the reload thing.

No complaints otherwise, DAI is completely stable even running on Windows 10.  Would love to hear player's thoughts on this quest.
"

Message 1 of 1 (921 Views)