Quest bugged out in The Descent [Spoilers]

by vacationdad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Quest bugged out in The Descent [Spoilers]

★★ Novice

I'm having an issue with the quest in Heidrun Thaig where you have to fight the waves of darkspawn. The progress bar was not moving as I killed the enemies and it went on for about 20+ minutes before I realized something was not right. One of my AI-controlled characters would continue to stand on a group of rocks, as it looked as if there was an enemy "stuck" under them according to the minimap. Meanwhile, the same 2 monster types continued to spawn over and over. I tried running out of the area, just to be chased down by enemies that spawned from this area. It's not letting me leave the area, either.

Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Quest bugged out in The Descent [Spoilers]

★ Guide

Hm, how much earlier is the last save? It is an clipping+scripting induced loop, and unless you wait weeks, months or potentially forever for an patch for such behaviour, I pretty much doubt you can continue. The amount of commands in DA:I you can use in the console is negligible so that won't work either. (Assuming you're playing on the PC here)

Sorry - but I don't see another option, AFAIK.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (342 Views)

All Replies

Re: Quest bugged out in The Descent [Spoilers]

★ Guide

Hm, how much earlier is the last save? It is an clipping+scripting induced loop, and unless you wait weeks, months or potentially forever for an patch for such behaviour, I pretty much doubt you can continue. The amount of commands in DA:I you can use in the console is negligible so that won't work either. (Assuming you're playing on the PC here)

Sorry - but I don't see another option, AFAIK.

Message 2 of 2 (343 Views)