Re: Quest: Last Resort of Good Men (PC)

by Ryamundo42

Original Post

Quest: Last Resort of Good Men (PC)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Greetings, 

I just wish to report a bug with the Dorian Quest Last Resort of  Good Men. I have the quest but when I go to Red Cliffe Tavern, the tavern is empty. There are no people in it al all. 

Message 1 of 13 (9,649 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the issue after I reloaded it to attempt another dialog choice.

Fixed it by leaving, switching to Dorian as selected character and reentering the tavern.

The scene triggered perfectly after that.

Message 2 of 13 (9,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That didn't fix it for me have tried entering as Dorian and as my main tavern is still empty. Tried walking around a bit before enetering and still empty. So no luck yet with it. 

Message 3 of 13 (9,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem - what can I do?!?!

Message 4 of 13 (8,642 Views)

★ Novice

I was having this issue.

While standing outside the Inn, I did a quick save (F5) and then quick load (F9), selected Dorian as my controlled member and entered the inn.

Worked a charm.

Message 5 of 13 (8,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yup.

Having this issue and the F5 -> F9 trick does not work >.<

SOLVED!

1.) Restart game completely by exiting game

2.) Load game close to the tavern, but not iside of it

3.) Choose Dorian

4.) Enter Tavern

5.) Enjoy Standard smile

Message 6 of 13 (8,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of the above fixed it for me - finally fixed it by clicking on the vendor nearby and then clicking on the tavern door with Dorian. I also only had him in the group, not sure if that mattered.

Message 7 of 13 (7,686 Views)

★ Novice

Ahoy,

I'm having the same issue. Tried all the steps Malustrazza suggested, reloaded a save back in Skyhold before I'd even been to Redcliffe for this nonsense, PLUS a game update during the  exit and restart. 

I went with just the two of us, entered as Dorian - and I've still got nothing.

Woe.

Message 8 of 13 (7,590 Views)

★ Novice

While none of the recomnedations in this thread worked exactly as described I was able to get the tavern cut scene to trigger by trying various combinations over and over and over again...

I believe the final combination ended up being; with dorian selected run over to a merchant, buy the cheapest item available, run back to the tavern, quicksave, quickload, enter the tavern.

I've no idea which part of that sequence actually tripped the necesary switch to make this work, but as I said, trying various combinations is recommended.

This game, in it's current rushed-out-the-door state, suffers from serious resource allocation issues which are generally responsible for **bleep** like this. Unfortunatly that means there is little you can do to fix things, aside from beating your head against the problem over and over again. Or wait for a few more "stability" patches.

Message 9 of 13 (6,281 Views)

★ Novice

I tried many things and nothing worked for like an hour and then I came across your post did what you did and it somehow worked! thanks man!

Message 10 of 13 (5,224 Views)