Re: Quest Bug in "All New, Faded for Her" (SPOILERS)

by Rand207

Original Post

Re: Quest Bug in "All New, Faded for Her"

★ Novice

Playing for the first time on PC, all latest patches, years later, and this bug still hit me. I can't complete the game because of it. Truly shocking that they would have left such a huge bug in the game after all this time.

Message 91 of 105 (2,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And I got Solas's quest to trigger correctly this time, only to get a quest in Western Approach to glitch out... Well, it does appear to be Bioware's first use of the Frostbite engine. That'll be my mantra for the rest of the playthrough.

Message 92 of 105 (2,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on PC, just ran into this bug. I approached the demon from the river first, then encountered the bodies later. Nothing happened, so I just left it for now. Hours later, I found out about this bugt, and I have no prior saves that I can go to. So I'm bascially SOL from what it sounds like.

Message 93 of 105 (2,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For this particular quest, yes. I don't think it changes anything in the main story, though, so you aren't missing out on anything else. I suppose there might be some subtle difference in an expansion pack, but that would likely be the full extent of it.

Message 94 of 105 (2,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Nope, "Faded for Her" has no impact on anything in any of the DLC.

Nada.  Zero.  Zip.

Message 95 of 105 (2,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I let the whole party die to the demon. After everyone was dead I`ve chosen to continue the game and the cutscene appeared as "crw1013" posted 11/2/2015.

Message 96 of 105 (2,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie
One way I found that worked was to go back to a save file from before you encountered the bug, then spawn at the first camp and come from the north of the area (where the ruins and an abandoned campsite are). The problem I had was I spawned at the dalish camp and went directly to the marker so i missed all the other important stuff and the marker dissappeared.
Message 97 of 105 (2,128 Views)

★ Guide

I remember this quest being buggy the first time I played a few years ago.  Decided to replay DAI since I have a better PC now, and I've not yet played the Descent & Trespasser DLC.  Anyway, I just completed this quest yesterday, so I'll list how I approached it, just in case in might help someone.

Received the quest "All New, Faded for Her" from Solas after talking to him at the Keep.  I was already exploring the central & northern part of the Exaulted Plains.

Returning to the Plains, I went W-NW to destroy a Rift along the River.  Made my way South  along the river from  that point, came to a small Ruin (which is an important part of another quest), defeated some Freeman fighters/archers.  Solas made a brief statement:  "We're getting close now, I thank you Inquisitor for helping me with this." (or something similar to that).

Continuing South along the river from the Ruins, I came to a small path/road where there were some bodies.  Two of those I was able to interact with.  A dead mage which had been killed by bandits, and another bandit body that had claw marks.  Solas became upset with the claw marks.  We continued a bit to the SW towards the River where we saw the Demon.  Solas says a few things about Spirits & Demons.

We encounter the stupid mages who summoned the Spirit.  Short conversation with them, Solas & myself.  Solas says we must hurry and break the binding circle (or whatever it's called).

Battle begins with the pillars.  Do not attack or allow your party to attack the Demon.   Concentrate on destroying the pillars.  Once destroyed, a short cut scene with the Spirit (no longer a Demon) and Solas.  Solas will leave the party, and you will re-unite with him back at the Keep.

While there may not be any long reaching affects of this quest, you do gain major approval points with Solas at various points.

Message 98 of 105 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2018 and no fix for this bug, theres no way to restart the quest? 

Message 99 of 105 (1,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to go back to an old save then. I had to do so when nothing else suggested worked too.

Message 100 of 105 (1,655 Views)