Previously able to play, now crashing to desktop

by hunterheroine

Original Post

Previously able to play, now crashing to desktop

★★★★ Novice

Hey all,

I had some issues playing DAI when I first downloaded it - was getting this error: The application was unable to start correctly - 0xc000007b

I fixed it using the method in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Quad-Core-The-application-was-unable-to-start-correc...

Was able to play for about a week -  a little slow/sometimes choppy, but overally, completely playable and never had ANY CRASHING. So, even though I know my computer might not be up to the minimum specs, I have sucessfully been able to play. So please don't tell me that's the problem!

When I try to start the game, I get through all of the intro screens - "EA/Bioware," "this symbol means the game is saving, don't close the game when you see it" (or whatever it actually says), "click to continue," etc. I get the main menu screen, and can log in and connect to the Keep successfully. Then, when I click on "Continue," I get the loading screen with the three cards of "helpful tips." Then after a while of that, I get a black screen with the flashing DAI logo in the lower right hand corner. All of that is normal, and is usually followed by the game loading and I'm able to play.

Today, though, after a few minutes on the black scren with the flashing logo, the game crashes to the desktop. There's no error message. I tried repairing the game through Origin, then restarting my computer. No dice.

Anyone encountered anything like this? Was there an update or something that might have screwed things up from when it was working this whole past week?

My diagnostics are here: http://hastebin.com/sujavehaxo.tex

Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

Re: Previously able to play, now crashing to desktop

Community Manager

@hunterheroine Hi,

From your Dxdiag, it looks as if your internal Intel HD graphics chip is running, which indeed would be below the minimum specifications.

While the game might have been fine at the start, depending on where you saved it might be a lot more demanding on your graphics chip now, which could explain why it fails to load after a while.

My suggestion would be trying to turn everything to minimum in the menu running the lowest resolution possible to see whether you are able to successfully load your save game then.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)