Re: Post patch2 slow down

by strickus

Original Post

Post patch2 slow down

★★★★★ Novice

Is anyone else getting extremely slow loading since the patch?

When the intro screen finally loads the marchers suddenly speed up to catch up from a lag. Haven't been able to play a game properly since the update.

Is this a common bug?

Message 1 of 8 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There are a good amount of us having glitching/hitching problems since the patch. I have the same issue with the main menu as yourself. Haven't been able to play since!

Message 2 of 8 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I should add the walls of the Chantry in Haven have also disappeared along  with the ability to interact with anything. Glitching and slow motion everywhere. Game ran well for the preceding 100 hrs I played it. 

The patch has broken the game. Is it possible to uninstall it?

Message 3 of 8 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not as far as I know. I tried a system restore to pre-patch myself, turned Origin offline, etc. The game won't launch until you download the patch. I tried launching without Origin and launching through GeForce but still had the same issues.

Message 4 of 8 (425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I posted this in another thread also, but I'm curious as to whether or not it helps others:

I had the hitching and freezing after the patch also. Using the work around didn't work at first but after restarting the game 3 or 4 times using the same settings and the same workaround I am now able to play without the freezing.

I use medium mesh settings and the command line argument I use is -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel Medium

Maybe something to do with the cache?

Message 5 of 8 (417 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I should probably update.

After several attempts to get the game running it is working again. New F key interact works very well. Hair is shinier (not sure if that's good as wasn't running on low graphics settings before). 

It is a bit laggy and it has crashed, which made me think. The first few days I had DA:I it was laggy and crashed then after a while it started running smoothly. Now it's laggy and crashy again but is certainly improving compared to how it was immediately after the update. I'm no computer expert, but is it possible these things take time to wear in? (I'm aware how horribly unscientific that reads) 

So in short, hopefully other people will find with persistence it just starts working after a while. 

Message 6 of 8 (379 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here.

My game ran pretty well before the patch, the occasional crash during cutscenes and some other small issues but nothing that couldn't be worked around.

Now since the patch I cannot play, if I manage to get past the Main Menu, the game is laggy and unresponsive and ends up freezing if I attempt to make my character do anything other than walk.

Message 7 of 8 (348 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Even in the Main Menu if you can open the graphic settings, the Cursor of the Mouse freezes for 3-4 seconds, and that happens every 5 seconds Frown

Even after the hotfix for Patch 2

Message 8 of 8 (316 Views)