Re: Poor PR Decision!!!

by xVinji24x

Original Post

Poor PR Decision!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
I love Dragon Age! I have been playing since original release. However, I have a huge complaint and how disrespectful EA is to their loyal fans. First, I preordered Dragon Age: Inquisition Delux Edition ($70) and had to wait in line to pick it up (Driving in a blizzard to get it on launch night at Midnight). EA decides to release an Edition that includes all of the content for $39.99, however I have to ether buy a 2nd copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition or pay $45 for the expansions. Why should someone who just buys the game get everything and a dedicated fan who preorders have to spend $75-80 more for the content. Gaming companies need to provide you all DLC's for Free if you purchase the game. EA I give you an F on caring about your customers!

Message 1 of 9 (601 Views)

★★★ Novice
EA if you want to get another 'worst company of the year' keep ripping off your customers. NHL 2015 was by far the worst game I have ever play. Legitimately a waste of $65. To you, that's nothing, to us it's everything! Your brand is known and just because it says EA on it doesn't mean it's good. How far does your corruption and greed reach EA? When does it stop!
Message 2 of 9 (582 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is what EA's customer service sent to me in an email...

HELP CENTER
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting EA Support.

As an avid Dragon Age: Inquisitionplayer, I can understand your disappointment. I am sorry to hear that you need to pay for the dlc contents..

I have received numerous reports regarding the same issue and this has been reported to our supervisors. They are discussing with Studio team to correct this issue in order to meet the standards that our customers have come to expect. I must express my apologies again that you have experienced this issue.

The best thing to do is to bring it to the attention of the Studio team via the below forum:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answer-HQ-English/ct-p/AHQ-English

Thank you for your patience and understanding with us while we work towards resolving this issue for you. If you have any further queries on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Sounak D.
EA Customer Experience

[ ref:_00DE0IO80._500E0Sm7Zu:ref ]
Corporate Info Legal Notices Terms of Service Privacy Policy (UPDATED)
© Electronic Arts Inc. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Message 3 of 9 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@xVinji24x Thank you for the feedback, though I recommend moderating your tone. It doesn't add to a conversation. 

Unfortunately I can't make any promises , but I know there has been a lot of feedback on this/requesting a one-shot goty upgrade. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 9 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
- post deleted -
Message 5 of 9 (527 Views)

★★★ Expert

I know this won't be the most popular idea but, marketing will love it. Wait for a DA4 demo to be ready, then Toss it in with the DAI DLC Budle and the full GOTY for say 40USD bundle and 50 USD GOTY, sales for EA and a good price for DAI owners to get the DLC. Plus a steal for newcomers to the series to get it all and, try out a taste of DA4 at the same time.

Sue I'd love it if they gave us loyal fans of the series a huge discount for the DLC and/or GOTY but, they are in this to make money and, the more they can make, the longer this series will run. (And yes I already have all of the DLC so not for me but, for the rest of you that don't have it all yet. I do agree something needs to be done but, we've got to see it from EA's perspective too, they are in it to profit and, more profits means more Dragon Ager for all of us.

Message 6 of 9 (504 Views)

★★ Novice

Im in with you on this one. bought the game a year ago and wanted to buy the dlc content when they had a sale. then i saw the GOTY edition in sales for €28 and it really made me pissed of.

Message 7 of 9 (491 Views)

★★ Novice

@xVinji24x: I disagree with the form, but I strongly agree with the content of what you're saying. There is absolutely no reason why buying every DLC separately costs more than the GOTY edition (which contains the game in addition to the DLCs), and early buyers, who are generally long-time fans of the franchise, are clearly left by the wayside.

While I do not back your claim that all DLCs should be free for Digital Deluxe preorder buyers like us (even though for instance getting one for free would be a nice gesture), I think something like a "GOTY upgrade" item or a DLC pack/season pass would be a good thing to have. Or, simply, lower the price of single DLCs so that buying each one when you already own the game costs less than the GOTY edition.

Message 8 of 9 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have this issue as well. I bought the Inquisition Edition in Australia (so already I'm paying out of the nose for my passion for the series) and I bought Jaws of Hakkon when it was on sale. Frankly I really don't want to spend ~$65AUD for the remaining dlc.

Don't think it should be free (given that's not how EA works anyway), but please throw me a bone.

Message 9 of 9 (455 Views)